Cyber Software SME
Location: Fort Belvoir, VA
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you'll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you'll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region’s best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
Working within the Army PEO-EIS newly formed Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) Team, the candidate will be a critical team member for the rapidly growing Technical Management Division for DCO. Specific responsibilities include:
- Plan and conduct engineering projects concerned with research, design, and development of new or modification and improvement of existing equipment and systems applicable to PM mission.
- Apply the theories, principles, standards and information systems security methods and a working knowledge of the related engineering disciplines to evaluate system requirements, determine hardware and software design detail and performance characteristics necessary to meet operational requirements.
- Recommend new designs and techniques leading to cost-effective system enhancement.
- Analyze specific system requirements and design modifications or deviations in hardware or software subsystems to ensure fulfillment of user related needs and will adequately resist established and projected threat environments.
- At least 8 years of post-collegiate professional experience.
- Primary or secondary degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or related field.
- Develop requirements for NSOC cybersecurity tools.
- Operate and develop signatures for SIEM.
- Operate and develop signatures for IPS.
- Operate and develop signatures for Splunk and/or ELK.
- Operate and develop rules for firewalls.
- Author cybersecurity requirements/specifications for SOC tools.
- Operate on a SOC team
- Consulting skills
- Experience working with IPS/IDS, Vulnerability Scanning, and Host Defense systems in a virtual environment.
- MS Word and SharePoint proficiency
- Familiarity with Agile management concepts
Education and Years’ Experience:
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
Active Secret Clearance or higher
FT Belvoir VA – w/ 10% travel for program support
Octo is a growth-oriented firm that provides a unique, differentiated employee culture relative to our Federal market peers. We leverage this culture to attract and retain a higher grade of talent than our peers to be an employer of choice.
Please no Corp-to-Corp or 1099 candidates; this position is W-2 only. Octo Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation.