Octo Consulting Group (Octo) is an industry-leading, award-winning provider of digital services for the federal government. Octo specializes in providing agile software engineering, user experience design, cloud services, and digital strategy services that address government’s most pressing missions. Octo delivers intelligent solutions and rapid results, yielding lower costs and measurable outcomes.
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you'll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you'll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region’s best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
Octo is currently seeking a Platform Software Engineer to join a growing team on an exciting and highly visible project for a DoD customer.
The Octo team is seeking a Platform Software Engineer that will provide macro-level architectural solutions of a multi-region cloud based infrastructure, a cross-cutting application and integration architecture, and a data management and analytics architecture, and provide specialized training to our product teams building on the enterprise platform. Our ideal Platform Software Engineer has senior knowledge and senior hands-on experience building multi-region cloud based systems.
This project will feature strategic team members co-located with the product teams, primarily in the Boston, MA Area, to support a culture of continuous improvement across the teams.
As the Platform Software Engineer, you will share your senior knowledge and senior hands-on experience in developing, implementing and leading cloud and/or infrastructure programs with the team.
The successful candidate will have subject matter expertise on enterprise transformation within an organization, through previous experience of leading infrastructure and/or cloud engineering teams to transform waterfall-based programs through the adoption of Agile best practices.
- 4 years’ experience in software development to include Java, Web services, Database, and/or web application development.
- 3 years’ experience with major Platform as a Service (PaaS) solutions such as Pivotal Cloud Foundry or OpenShift
- 3 years’ experience with agile and lean philosophies
- 2 years’ experience with DevSecOps tools and processes to include, but not limited to Git, Concourse, SonarQube, Fortify and ThreadFix
- 2 years’ experience with container technologies such as Docker or Kubernetes.
- 2 years’ experience providing system administration support to a diverse set of Operating Systems (Microsoft Windows, Linux, etc.)
- Experience with Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration techniques
- Must be US citizens and clearance eligible
- Has one (1) or more examples of successfully transforming large-scale legacy data center or on premise infrastructure to a modern cloud native application architecture
- Has two (2) or more examples of successfully leading DoD (or other highly regulated agency) cloud or infrastructure engineering teams to transform waterfall-based programs through the adoption of Agile and Continuous Delivery best practices.
- 10+ years of experience working as an infrastructure engineering lead leveraging large scale cloud infrastructure as their primary application platform.
- Experience of working with Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) and the ability to provide expertise for operational management of Pivotal Cloud Foundry on monitoring, management, disaster recovery, security compliance/auditing, networking, storage, service brokers and buildpacks
- Experience working with Kubernetes and other open-source container orchestration technologies for automating application deployment, scaling, and management
- VMWare Certifications or equivalent industry credentials in at least one (1) of the following: Data Center Virtualization, Network Virtualization, Cloud Management and Automation.
- A software development or DevOps automation background.
- Experience with Site Reliability Engineering concepts and practices such as SLI’s, SLO’s & error budgets.
Education: Bachelors in a Technical Discipline – Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent technical degree (Desired not required)
Years of Experience:
4+ years of experience or more
Clearance: Must be US citizens and clearance eligible