Full Stack DevOps Developer - Senior
Location: Reston, VA
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you'll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you'll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region’s best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
Octo Consulting Group is seeking a Senior Full Stack Developer to join a large Agile program responsible for architecting and leading modernization efforts for highly visible applications for an innovative federal government agency.
- Design, development and engineering of secure REST and SOAP web services using Java Spring and Java Security
- Ensure high quality code by creating and maintaining a high percentage of unit and integration test cases as indicated by SonarQube (and other technology) reports.
- Support frequent iterations of code deployments using mature Agile DevSecOps processes and an established CI/CD pipeline on an AWS environment.
- Implement and maintain Docker configuration files to deploy microservices as shippable containers.
- Query, cleanse and migrate data between legacy and modernized data sources using open source technologies such as Pentaho.
- Analyze, query and manage data in PostgreSQL databases
- Ensure application accessibility and 508 compliance using tools such as WAVE, AMP and JAWS.
- Creating and updating required documentation; such as the System Design Document (SDD) and Interface Control Document (ICD)
- Mitigate static code analysis findings using SonarQube for identification and verification.
- Mitigate security concerns using Twistlock for identification and verification
- Utilize JProfiler to identify opportunities for application performance monitoring.
- Write and execute load test scripts using JMeter
- Mentor less senior resources in the adoption and utilization of technologies and tools.
- Troubleshoot system issues related to software applications; Tier II Support
- Contributing to Agile ceremonies/meetings; providing demonstrations of code and contributing to the Agile team wherever required.
- A minimum of 7+ years of development experience.
- Strong working knowledge of both front end and back end technology stacks
- Strong working experience with CI/CD pipelines; including technologies such as Docker, Jenkins, Github, Artifactory, and others
- Working knowledge of open source ETL tools and databases such as Pentaho and PostgreSQL
- Working knowledge of best practices around branching strategies, versioning techniques and other DevOps practices.
- Working knowledge of AWS and cloud services a plus.
- Working knowledge of management/tracking utilities such as JIRA/Confluence
- Experience working in a SAFe Agile environment; a plus
- U.S. Citizenship is preferred, with the ability to obtain a Public Trust
Octo is a growth-oriented firm that provides a unique, differentiated employee culture relative to our Federal market peers. We leverage this culture to attract and retain a higher grade of talent than our peers to be an employer of choice.
Please no Corp-to-Corp or 1099 candidates; this position is W-2 only. Octo Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation.