Location: Reston, VA
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you'll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you'll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region’s best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
Octo Consulting Group is seeking a Business/Quality Analyst to join a large Agile program responsible for modernizing a suite of highly visible applications for an innovative federal government agency. This individual will be responsible for understanding the business objectives, soliciting business requirements/user stories, and update project/ process documentation.
- Elicit requirements using requirements sessions, document analysis, surveys, interviews, business process descriptions, use cases, business analysis etc.
- Document requirements in Jira breaking them down into Epics, User Stories and Tasks and reviewing each requirement with the Product Owner and developers to ensure accuracy
- Analyze business process flows to develop activity models and detailed requirements
- Document discussions during facilitated sessions to capture information within Confluence
- Collaborate between SAFe scrum team resources to mitigate dependencies, resolve outstanding questions and answer questions on business rules impacting other team members
- Provide Tier II support to end users by reviewing incoming requests, analyzing validity of request, and providing accurate and timely responses after issue mitigation
- Work with developers to ensure code meets quality expectations of the program
- Support end-to-end testing by conducting manual test cases, write BDD test scripts and execute 508 accessibility testing
- Complete API testing using SOAPUI, Postman, Newman, or other REST/SOAP API testing tools
- Actively participate in SAFe/Agile ceremonies such as stand ups, grooming, Sprint planning, retros, demos, PI planning and Inspect and Adapt activities
- A minimum of 2+ years of relative experience
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written
- Familiarity with SAFe and Agile methodologies; a strong preference
- Working knowledge of Atlassian Jira and Confluence
Octo is a growth-oriented firm that provides a unique, differentiated employee culture relative to our Federal market peers. We leverage this culture to attract and retain a higher grade of talent than our peers to be an employer of choice.
Please no Corp-to-Corp or 1099 candidates; this position is W-2 only. Octo Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation.