Location: Alexandria, VA
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you'll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you'll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region’s best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
Octo Consulting Group is seeking an experienced Scrum Master to join a large Agile program responsible for modernizing and maintaining operations for a suite of highly visible applications for an innovative federal government agency.
- Utilizes Agile scrum methodologies to plan and oversee work for one or more scrum teams
- Creates and manages epics and user stories within Jira and Confluence by working to translate technical requirements through coordination with Business Analysts and Product Owners
- Proactively communicate with product owners, project managers, technical leads, software developers etc. to identify information needs, facilitate information exchange, and ensure adherence to business requirements
- Manages project backlogs by conducting grooming and planning sessions, facilitating story pointing efforts and working with the Product Owner to prioritize tasks.
- Schedules and conducts meetings with assigned technical staff to gain insight into the state of individual release and sprint plans, schedules, deliverables, milestones, project risks and mitigation.
- Collaborate between SAFe scrum teams to ensure dependencies are identified, impediments are removed and work schedules are aligned
- Captures Agile artifacts to include User Stories (Planned vs Actual), Velocity Charts, Burn-down Charts, Sprint Retrospective notes etc.
- Actively participates in SAFe ceremonies including PI Planning, Scrum of Scrums, Inspect and Adapt, and PI Retrospectives
- Actively plans and facilitates Agile ceremonies including daily stand ups, planning, grooming, demonstrations and retrostpectives
- Performs multi-hat roles to include one or more of the following: Requirements Management (User stories, Epics, Product and Sprint Backlogs), Business Analysis, Configuration Management, Change Management and Quality Assurance
- A minimum of 3+ years of Scrum Master experience
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to communicate solutions effectively to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong working knowledge of Atlassian Jira and Confluence
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must hold an active Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification
Octo is a growth-oriented firm that provides a unique, differentiated employee culture relative to our Federal market peers. We leverage this culture to attract and retain a higher grade of talent than our peers to be an employer of choice.
Please no Corp-to-Corp or 1099 candidates; this position is W-2 only. Octo Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation.