· Participate in post-bid, buyout, verifying prequalification’s and CCIP requirements, coordination, subcontractor, staff, and scheduling and meetings.
· Assemble information such as unit prices, hourly rates, material costs, material availability, etc.
· Assist the Superintendent and Project Manager with the plan for construction of the project.
· Update the schedule as required by the Contract or as directed by the Project Manager.
· Assist with short-range scheduling by confirming manpower, material deliveries, or supplier availability.
· Prepare change proposals, negotiate change orders, initiate change orders (at Project Managers or Project Director’s approval), issue change orders to subcontractors and others (at Project Managers or Project Director’s approval).
· Aid PM & CM in preparation and tracking of Cost Events.
· Prepare, expedite, and monitor logs for tracking shop drawings, submittals, requests for information, change orders, material delivery logs and other as determined necessary for a successful project.
· Possess working knowledge of all project plans, specifications, Subcontracts, Purchase Orders, daily correspondence, shop drawings, submittals, and all other project related documents.
· Assist PM and CM in preparation of GMP or Lump Sum contract billing by assembling subcontractor and supplier invoices and contacting subs and suppliers for submission of invoices.
· Assist PM and CM with generating directives or communications, prepare meeting minutes, memos, and letters as assigned by direct report.
· Assist PM and CM with proactively obtain punch list and follow-up on completion of work.
· Assist Project Assistant with preparation of closeout documentation and expedite final subcontractor and owner releases.
· Assist with monthly site safety reviews of current project safety conditions, share results with, and recommend any course of action to the Project Manager and Superintendent.
· Maintain good relationships with the Owner, Architect, Engineers, subcontractors, suppliers, municipal authorities and Company personnel involved with the project.
Qualifications/ Required Experience:
- Preferred 4-year degree in an accredited construction related curriculum, (BSCE, BSCM, BSAE, etc.) or experience equivalent to a 4-year degree.
- Three years’ experience as Project Engineer or Field Engineer.
- Demonstrated competency in: scheduling, procurement, budget/cost control, financial reporting, client relationship, interpersonal skills, computer skills, ability to communicate, both written and oral, leadership and organizational skills.
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule.
- Competent in PC-based scheduling and spreadsheet applications (i.e Primavera, Procore, Timberscan, Excel, Word, P6 etc.)
- OSHA 30-Hour certification preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- LEED background a plus
· Transportation to and from project.
· Occasional temporary relocation for out of town projects.
· Must be able to walk to all areas of project which may require climbing stairs, ladders, scaffolding, suspended staging, roofs, stepping into and out of excavations, and varying heights.
· Must be capable of working in a variety of physical positions which include, but are not limited to, sitting, standing, kneeling, squatting, walking and driving.
· Must be able to lift, carry or otherwise move or position objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
· Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions which include, but are not limited to, extreme heat, humidity, rainfall, snow, ice, compliment of all seasons, combined with varying starting and stopping times.
· Work will involve exposure to varying noise and dust levels.