Central Research, Inc. is seeking Closeout Specialists at all levels to build a talent pool for our Federal client in Herndon, VA! The Closeout Specialists will have to demonstrate an advanced knowledge of procedures and techniques for both Fixed/Labor hour and Cost contract closeouts. The candidate will need leadership skills and ability to be a team lead along with supporting day to day closeout activities.
Responsibilities & Duties:
The Closeout Specialists shall provide closeout support services primarily for Cost contract closeouts but will also need a strong background with Fixed-Price, Time and Material (T&M), and Labor Hour (LH) contracts. Those functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Knowledge and capabilities of contract closeout procedures, methods and contract types to include:
- Cost-reimbursement contracts
- T&M and LH
- Fixed-Price contracts
- Incentive contracts
- Use of special provisions and incentives to plan and carry out contracting assignments related to the full life cycle of closing federal contracts
- Request and receive audit information from DCAA
- Review status of funds
- Review final vouchers from Contractor
- Complete cost review using data from DCAA audit reports, including Cumulative Allowable Costs Worksheets (CACWS) and Incurred Cost Submissions (ICS)
- Prepare closeout packages for Contracting Officer approval, including:
- Contract Modifications
- Contract Completion Statement
- COR concurrence
- Final Voucher and supporting documents.
- DCAA Audit Reports
- Enter correct information into internal and external financial and business management systems (i.e. PRISM, SAP, FPDS-NG, etc.)
- Associate degree
- Substitution of one year of experience for each year of required education is allowed
- Minimum of 1 to 7 years of experience with Fixed Price, T&M/LH, and Cost contracts, depending on Closeout Specialist level
- US citizenship or a minimum of 3 years of lawful permanent residence in the US required per the contract
- Ability to obtain and retain a Public Trust clearance
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of contract closeout services
- Ability to be a team lead
- Demonstrated and proven ability to be detail-oriented
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential material
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills
- Ability to communicate with various levels of management
- Good decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Familiarity with business practices and market conditions sufficient to evaluate vendor completion is required.
- Ability to communicate and present factual information, compose memoranda and meeting minutes, and draft contract provisions and supporting documents is also required
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Central Research is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Click here to view the Equal Employment Opportunity Posters.
If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan, please call 703-382-1970.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact our recruiting office at (703) 382-1363. This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job. It is intended to describe the general nature and work responsibilities of the position. This job description and the duties of this position are subject to change, modification and addition as deemed necessary by the Company.