Central Research, Inc. is seeking Financial Analysts at all levels to build a talent pool to support our Federal client in Herndon, VA. The Financial Analyst position will provide full life cycle acquisition and procurement support for the shared services business center offering acquisition services internally and for other federal agencies.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Extract, review and analyze alpha numerical information such as monthly expense statements and other reports and analyses
- Determine all tasks are properly processed and that total activity agrees with pre-determined controls
- Provide analyses of financial data, identify problems, recommend solutions, and review the work of others for accuracy and completeness
- Utilize knowledge of theories and principles of business management and administration to support related information and systems within organizational programs
- Use independent judgment to create, edit, resolve, or escalate incidents as needed while conforming to internal systems and polices
- Develop informational material and other documents for “work-arounds” or problems that may occur
- Review and process client invoices and create sales orders and purchase requests in automated systems
- Associate degree
- Minimum of 1 to 5 years' governmental accounting, business management, or budget experience depending on Financial Analyst level
- US citizenship or a minimum of 3 years of lawful permanent residence in the US required per the contract
- Ability to obtain and retain a Public Trust clearance
- Bachelor’s degree
- Working knowledge of NARA requirements
- Proficiency with SAP, FBMS, PRISM, and/or systems of equivalent functionality
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to extract, review and analyze alpha numerical information such as monthly expense statements and other reports and analyses
- An ability to determine tasks are properly processed and that total activity agrees with pre-determined controls
- An ability to provide analyses of financial data, identify problems, recommend solutions, and review the work of others for accuracy and completeness is required
- Knowledge of theories and principles of business management and administration to support related information and systems within organizational programs
- The ability to use independent judgment to create, edit, resolve, or escalate incidents as needed while conforming to internal systems and polices is also required
- The ability to develop informational material and other documents for “work arounds” or problems that may occur
- Experience with the review and processing of client invoices and the creation of sales orders and purchase requests in automated systems
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to report and make presentations to government officials and contractor management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Central Research is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Click here to view the Equal Employment Opportunity Posters.
If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan, please call 703-382-1970.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact our recruiting office at (703) 382-1363. This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job. It is intended to describe the general nature and work responsibilities of the position. This job description and the duties of this position are subject to change, modification and addition as deemed necessary by the Company.