Build your future with Sovos.
If you are looking for an opportunity where career-minded professionals can achieve success while bringing their best and whole selves to work each day, Sovos may be the company you have been looking for. Employees at Sovos operate on the leading edge of digital technology while working to improve lives and the communities in which we live and work. When we say Solve Tax for Good, we mean For Good in every sense of the word. Our organizational commitment is to provide a place where employees can thrive and progress in their careers while having the support behind them that only a global company can offer.
Sound like this might be the opportunity you have been looking for?
Take a look at our career posting below. Don’t check all the boxes? Apply anyway! We are focused on hiring the right people, not the “right” resume.
It’s not about what you have done somewhere else, it’s all about what you are capable of doing here.
The Work You'll Do:
Lots of companies have grown over the past couple of years, and Sovos is not the exception. We have been growing in revenue, headcount and geographically for many years. The conditions which are driving our growth are different from many others, though. The catalyst for our growth was never related to a pandemic, it is tax related. And tax isn’t going anywhere.
As part of our continued growth, we are looking for a strategic marketer to help us amplify our story worldwide across our owned and paid channels through use of multi-channel, integrated programs. You will be responsible for increasing awareness and demand through scalable online/web marketing, organic search, and paid media programs.
In this role, you will partner closely with all of the Marketing functions, Sales, and Product teams to contribute to the pipeline/revenue growth efforts. You will manage acquisition strategy through all digital channels, including organic and paid social media, website, SEO and SEM to deliver digital conversion success.
As a senior member of the marketing leadership team, you will be a team player who can develop growth and optimization strategies for our global digital programs that firmly position us for fast, sustained growth. Someone who can demonstrate deep knowledge of performance-based website and digital marketing strategies, a strong operational mindset and skill at leveraging data to build the framework that delivers on core KPI’s and a passion for the delivery of Integrated Campaigns that include four program families: Brand, Demand, Customer Marketing and Enablement (sales and partner) and includes assets across the entire funnel as well as all utility assets (landing pages, content, etc.) and across all relevant marketing GTM motions (eCommerce/scaled acquisition, Partner, ABM). At its core will be 12 month rolling tactic plans that direct how/when assets are put in market to deliver the commercial marketing objectives for a market within each motion, and the budget needed to do so.
More specifically you will:
What We Need from You
- Effective management of alignment with Marketing Strategy, PMM and Centers of Excellence (COE) within a ‘One Motion Marketing’ approach, to ensure effective collaboration across all functions that inform Integrated Campaigns.
- Ensure a deep understanding of Sovos overarching Marketing Strategy within the Integrated Campaigns Team – Customer Centric, Brand Led, Human to Human, Digital First Marketing.
- Ensure a deep understanding of (behavioral and attitudinal) customer segmentation within the entire Integrated Campaigns Team. The team will have a deep understanding of customer needs, buying behaviors, emotional characteristics, etc. of the customers within focus segments.
- Where required, influence the PMM organization to ensure that the right breadth and depth of information flows into the Integrated Campaigns team around: Growth Plans, Value Proposition Calendars and Go To Market Blueprints – by BU and Region.
- Engage effectively with Centers of Excellence (Mops, Digital, Partner Marketing) to ensure the highest possible quality of deliverables and assets from the COE’s.
Create customer centric Integrated Campaigns for Sovos Business Units and Markets / Hub and evolve Campaign Strategy over time, in line with growth objectives for the business.
- Establish the definition of a campaign as an initiative that seeks to move an audience with a specific set of needs through its buying and customer journeys.
- Ensure campaigns are correctly aligned to an audience of buyers or customers that collectively represent a market opportunity as specified by PMM.
- Ensure campaigns are focused on the needs of buyers or customers, not on the attributes or features of products or services that xxx sells.
- Ensure that campaigns have core themes that address the business and emotional needs of the relevant audience (the theme must be creative manifestation, inspired by the need).
- Ensure that campaigns are organized into four program families: Brand, Demand, Customer Marketing and Enablement.
- Design campaigns for durability – ensure repeated exposure and multiple types of tactics that reinforce each other over a rolling 12-month period.
- Evolve Campaign strategy and hierarchy over time, in line with strategic business priorities and growth objectives.
Establish four Program Family Integrated Campaigns approach across all core Go To Market Motions – eCommerce/Scaled Acquisition, Partner Marketing and Vertical One to Many ABM.
- Have/Develop a deep understanding of optimal GTM motions across all BU’s and markets/hub.
- Establish a clear and simple campaign hierarchy across BU’s and Markets, leveraging the four-family approach.
- Establish clear strategic direction around the ‘Jobs To Be Done’ by each program family (e.g create mental availability, activate demand, cultivate advocacy, etc.).
- Support establishment of appropriate budgets across each program family to ensure achievement of growth and commercial objectives.
Develop and Implement Creative and Communications strategy for Integrated Campaigns.
- Based on the continued development of Sovos Brand, evolve campaigns creative strategy to ensure Sovos advertising creative is always cut through in the market.
- With Marketing Strategy (econometrics) and Media, develop communications strategy guidelines for BU’s and Markets.
- Create advertising assets for BU’s/Markets/Hub for Integrated Campaigns, covering the entire funnel (brand, education, solution, selection) and all relevant formats.
- Produce advertising assets for Integrated campaigns across all BU’s and Markets/Hub, covering the entire funnel.
- Use appropriate AI and Testing methodologies/tools to continuously increase xxx creative quality score across all ad formats.
- Measure and articulate the performance of creative across all advertising formats/activations and support in market creative optimization processes, to ensure appropriate contribution of creative to commercial success.
- Support improvement of relationships between key agencies xxx uses, e.g. creative, media, production, etc.
- Proven global marketing experience with a breadth of knowledge around marketing operations and campaign execution.
- Experience building, executing, and scaling cross-functional marketing programs.
- Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements.
- Experience presenting metrics and progress to goal to senior leadership.
- Experience scaling marketing across multiple locales and/or products.
- Experience building close working relationships with internal and external partners across social, marketing, creative agency, media, etc.
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM tools
- Experience with Marketo or other Marketing Automation tools
- Advanced user of Excel and familiarity with BI tools such as Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- An understanding of Intent Data and ABM approach will be helpful.
- Due to client contractual obligations, the successful candidate will be asked to clear a background check and drug screen upon hire
What Does Sovos Offer You?
The tools to enhance your life - because we want you to enjoy your life outside of work.
- Flexible Paid Time off
- Flexibility in work - hybrid/remote options available for most roles
- Paid Family and Medical Leave options.
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Generous 401k match
- Globally recognized training and development programs
Sovos is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an environment that celebrates diversity and where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate against race, color, religions, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic provided by law. At Sovos, all employees are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work.
Sovos was built to solve the complexities of the digital transformation of tax, with complete, connected offerings for tax determination, continuous transaction controls, tax reporting and more. Sovos customers include half the Fortune 500, as well as businesses of every size operating in more than 70 countries. The company’s SaaS products and proprietary Sovos S1 Platform integrate with a wide variety of business applications and government compliance processes. Sovos has employees throughout the Americas and Europe and is owned by Hg and TA Associates. For more information visit www.sovos.com and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.