Build your future with Sovos.
If you are looking for an opportunity where career-minded professionals can achieve success while bringing their best and whole selves to work each day, Sovos may be the company you have been looking for. Employees at Sovos operate on the leading edge of digital technology while working to improve lives and the communities in which we live and work. When we say Solve Tax for Good, we mean For Good in every sense of the word. Our organizational commitment is to provide a place where employees can thrive and progress in their careers while having the support behind them that only a global company can offer.
Sound like this might be the opportunity you have been looking for?
Take a look at our career posting below. Don’t check all the boxes? Apply anyway! We are focused on hiring the right people, not the “right” resume.
It’s not about what you have done somewhere else, it’s all about what you are capable of doing here.
The Work You'll Do:
The Senior Software Engineer is a problem solver that leverages technology to solve difficult problems at scale. They work with others across the business to understand customer needs and develop high value solutions. They are accountable for the design and implementation of solutions that meet software functional and non-functional requirements and adhere to established development standards. This role challenges its owner to work quickly and effectively as a team leader, sharing technical knowledge and leading the team to build and deploy high quality software that satisfies our customers.
More specifically you will:
- Serve as a mentor to other software engineers.
- Build a collaborative partnership within your Scrum Team while being a technical advisor to the Product Manager.
- Lead the development, testing and deployment of complex software applications and solutions.
- Champion a culture of code quality and continual learning and growth throughout the department.
- Conduct peer code reviews to ensure quality.
- Use your analytical and problem-solving skills for programming and user interface design.
- Integrate technology, process, test and business practices.
- Follow and improve the team’s Continuous Development and Continuous Integration practices.
- Work with other team members to solve complex problems, including UX/UI designers, QA testers, and DBAs.
- Capable of troubleshooting issues and bugs within their application of expertise.
- Authors or contributes to technical design documentation, release notes, bug fix documentation.
- Perform and design testing protocols to ensure that the product is fully tested.
- Take part in an active culture of learning by exploring new technologies, participating in knowledge shares, attending conferences, and collaborating with local developer bootcamps.
What We Need From You:
- Proven success working in software engineering using object-oriented programing and web application technology, with some of that time spent providing technical leadership and hands on team coaching experience.
- Full stack ASP.NET MVC web development.
- Visual Studio, .NET and C# experience.
- Back-end experience including WCF, SOAP/REST APIs, Entity Framework, LINQ, SQL Server, Transact-SQL, and ability to create modify SQL schemas. Understanding of stored procedures, functions, user-defined tables, and DB structure such as keys, indexes, constrains and security.
- Version control using Git/GitHub/Microsoft Azure DevOps.
- Working knowledge of IIS, ability to configure web sites and applications.
- Experience developing software product in Azure is a plus.
- Ability to achieve results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Motivated self-starter able to manage time and projects in a fully remote working environment.
- Comfort working in an Agile development process.
- Due to client contractual obligations, the successful candidate will be asked to clear a background check and drug screen up on hire
Sovos is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an environment that celebrates diversity and where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate against race, color, religions, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic provided by law. At Sovos, all employees are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work.
Sovos was built to solve the complexities of the digital transformation of tax, with complete, connected offerings for tax determination, continuous transaction controls, tax reporting and more. Sovos customers include half the Fortune 500, as well as businesses of every size operating in more than 70 countries. The company’s SaaS products and proprietary Sovos S1 Platform integrate with a wide variety of business applications and government compliance processes. Sovos has employees throughout the Americas and Europe, and is owned by Hg and TA Associates. For more information visit www.sovos.com and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter