Build your future with Sovos.
If you are looking for an opportunity where career-minded professionals can achieve success while bringing their best and whole selves to work each day, Sovos may be the company you have been looking for. Employees at Sovos operate on the leading edge of digital technology while working to improve lives and the communities in which we live and work. When we say Solve Tax for Good, we mean For Good in every sense of the word. Our organizational commitment is to provide a place where employees can thrive and progress in their careers while having the support behind them that only a global company can offer.
Sound like this might be the opportunity you have been looking for?
Take a look at our career posting below. Don’t check all the boxes? Apply anyway! We are focused on hiring the right people, not the “right” resume.
It’s not about what you have done somewhere else, it’s all about what you are capable of doing here.
The Work You'll Do:
At Sovos, we are constantly looking for new ways that we can bring value to our customers. We are on a mission to Solve Tax for Good – and while a lot of that has to do with building world class products, we are also kind of obsessed with data. That is where you come in.
We are looking for a leader to work collaboratively with all parts of the business to drive a data-driven culture. We are already very good at leveraging it to guide our decisions. We want you to help us to be great.
This is a newly created role supported by company growth and will be highly visible to leadership throughout the organization. The best fits for this role will have a comfort level rolling up their sleeves one day, and presenting to our Board the next. It’s a big job!
More specifically, when you start, you will:
- Shape and lead the execution of Sovos’ internal data projects and demonstrate the power and potential of data through real results
- Work with stakeholders across the organization (senior execs through to functional & regional teams), to understand priorities, business challenges and opportunities, and think creatively about innovative data-driven solutions
- Drive change across the organization and develop skills to transform the business to become more data-driven and optimized
- Manage development, running and operationalization of business reporting
- Set, implement, and manage company-wide policies on data governance, quality and definitions
- While mostly managing a team, the ability to ‘roll up the sleeves’ and lead from the front when needed is vital
- Actively track and report progress to senior stakeholders on progress and value delivered
What We Need From You:
- Experience in a management role, including experience in data governance, data management and data analytics
- Excellent quantitative skills and an ability to inspire confidence in data-driven decision making
- Excellent communication, stakeholder-management, analytic and problem-solving skills; sound business acumen and executive presence
- Dynamic, strong interpersonal and team-building skills – ability to work with a diverse team and influence/drive change across functional and business boundaries
- Strong experience in delivering effective operational dashboards end-to-end: identifying opportunities and requirements, managing the build and roll out; experience with machine learning and development (e.g. SQL, Python, Tableau) a plus
- Ability to effectively manage multiple work assignments and projects and motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Due to client contractual obligations– the successful candidate will have to clear a background check and drug test
What Does Sovos Offer You?
The tools to enhance your life - because we want you to enjoy your life outside of work
- Flexible Paid Time off
- Paid Family and Medical Leave
- The Future is Flexible Work Model – hybrid/remote options available for most roles
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Generous 401k match
- Globally recognized training and development programs
Sovos is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an environment that celebrates diversity and where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate against race, color, religions, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic provided by law. At Sovos, all employees are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work.
Sovos was built to solve the complexities of the digital transformation of tax, with complete, connected offerings for tax determination, continuous transaction controls, tax reporting and more. Sovos customers include half the Fortune 500, as well as businesses of every size operating in more than 70 countries. The company’s SaaS products and proprietary Sovos S1 Platform integrate with a wide variety of business applications and government compliance processes. Sovos has employees throughout the Americas and Europe, and is owned by Hg and TA Associates. For more information visit www.sovos.com and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter