Build your future with Sovos.
If you are looking for an opportunity where career-minded professionals can achieve success while bringing their best and whole selves to work each day, Sovos may be the company you have been looking for. Employees at Sovos operate on the leading edge of digital technology while working to improve lives and the communities in which we live and work. When we say Solve Tax for Good, we mean For Good in every sense of the word. Our organizational commitment is to provide a place where employees can thrive and progress in their careers while having the support behind them that only a global company can offer.
Sound like this might be the opportunity you have been looking for?
Take a look at our career posting below. Don’t check all the boxes? Apply anyway! We are focused on hiring the right people, not the “right” resume.
It’s not about what you have done somewhere else, it’s all about what you are capable of doing here.
The Work You'll Do:
The Project Manager is responsible for managing the complete life cycle of projects, including initiating, planning, executing, controlling and closing of projects to ensure planned results are achieved on time. As a Project Manager, you will develop project plans, timelines, and ensure progress-to-plan, actuals-to-budget as well as tracking and communicating critical project achievements. You will be the primary point of contact for the project and will be responsible for providing regular project updates to all project stakeholders, as well as serving as the initial point of contact for all project-related escalations. You will work with vendors and teams to establish and achieve goals.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
More specifically, you will:
· Manage all assigned projects to completion, ensuring on-time delivery, meeting of budgetary demands, and maintenance of overall project ownership.
· Develop project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
· Responsible for planning and managing project resources effectively.
· Responsible for managing and approving all billable time and expenses recorded against the project by Sovos Consultants, including your own project time and expenses.
· Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs.
· Provide regularly scheduled updates to internal and external stakeholders and hold weekly project update meetings throughout the implementation lifecycle.
· Manage expectations for internal and external stakeholders to ensure satisfaction throughout the implementation process.
· Proactively manage change control and communicate impact in project scope; identify issues, and devise contingency plans.
· Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
· Serve as the first level of escalations for all Project-related risks and issues
· Must be comfortable working with Fortune 1000 companies.
· Fully responsible for ensuring internal and external customer satisfaction for a defined portfolio or projects
· Comfortable and confident with making important decisions that impact project outcomes
What We Need From You:
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
· 1-3 years’ experience managing projects in software/professional services company.
· Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and work assignments concurrently
· Strong time management, organizational and decision-making skills
· Demonstrated track record of finishing projects on time and on budget.
· Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc..)
· Experience using Microsoft Projects or other Project Management solutions is highly desirable
· Experience using Open Air or comparable PSA software solutions is highly desirable
· Superior customer service skills
· Excellent communications skills (verbal and written)
· Moderate travel required to Sovos locations / events and client sites when necessary
· Essential Job Functions:
o Interact effectively with teammates, colleagues and clients
o Allocate resources effectively to satisfy customer requirements and internal implementation Sovos targets
o Manage stakeholder expectations
o Collaborate with functional leads to achieve implementation goals
o Comprehend and communicate complex concepts
o Concentrate, analyze and resolve complex problems
o Leverage technology (laptop, cloud computing, smartphones) to fulfill work requirements
What Does Sovos Offer You?
The tools to enhance your life - because we want you to enjoy your life outside of work and inside!
Management Bootcamps and Development Trainings
Yearly performance reviews where compensation and performance are assessed and rewarded generously
Clear paths for growth within our roles (but we know that career development can be like a spider web, not a ladder - we give you the tools to move outside of your career as well!
Generous time off and benefits
Sovos is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an environment that celebrates diversity and where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate against race, color, religions, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic provided by law. At Sovos, all employees are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work.
Sovos was built to solve the complexities of the digital transformation of tax, with complete, connected offerings for tax determination, continuous transaction controls, tax reporting and more. Sovos customers include half the Fortune 500, as well as businesses of every size operating in more than 70 countries. The company’s SaaS products and proprietary Sovos S1 Platform integrate with a wide variety of business applications and government compliance processes. Sovos has employees throughout the Americas and Europe, and is owned by Hg and TA Associates. For more information visit www.sovos.com and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter