Build your future with Sovos.
If you are looking for an opportunity where career-minded professionals can achieve success while bringing their best and whole selves to work each day, Sovos may be the company you have been looking for. Employees at Sovos operate on the leading edge of digital technology while working to improve lives and the communities in which we live and work. When we say Solve Tax for Good, we mean For Good in every sense of the word. Our organizational commitment is to provide a place where employees can thrive and progress in their careers while having the support behind them that only a global company can offer.
Sound like this might be the opportunity you have been looking for?
Take a look at our career posting below. Don’t check all the boxes? Apply anyway! We are focused on hiring the right people, not the “right” resume.
It’s not about what you have done somewhere else, it’s all about what you are capable of doing here.
The Work You'll Do:
Sovos is looking for a Senior Instructional Designer to join our VAT Training & Content Strategy Team! This position is responsible for the full design, full development, and moderate delivery support of topic-based micro-learnings and exhaustive course curriculums. The Senior Instructional Designer will use strong interpersonal, written, and visual communication skills to bring together text, images, video, SME interviews, and audio to communicate and educate internal and external customers. The goal is to facilitate internal/external learners in acquiring knowledge, skills, and competencies in an effective and appealing manner. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Additionally, the Senior Instructional Designer will work with cross-functional teams throughout Sovos’ organization focusing on creating engaging, enjoyable, and effective training supporting the launch of new technology tools and software applications to our internal customers and alliance partners. The ideal candidate will possess a combination of creative instructional design skills and technical knowledge, is passionate about building best-in-class learning, can implement new technologies in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment, and brings proven experience from past positions to bear immediately to the Sovos environment.
More specifically you will:
- Design and develop blended learning curriculums, courses, modules, job aids, software simulations, and assessment tools to enable learning of new technology initiatives and solutions.
- Serve as subject matter expert in development trends, training tools, and platforms while continuously exploring new and innovative approaches.
- Conduct analysis to determine learning and performance objectives and scalable instructional strategies and solutions.
- Coordinate with localization team to ensure all training content in translated into required languages Develops and designs courses and curriculum.
- Work cross functionally and collaborate with subject experts.
- Analyze, update, and refine existing online content.
- Train instructors, students, and employees in how to use learning technologies.
- Work with technical staff to troubleshoot problems reported by users.
- Deliver (in support of asynchronous, user-led components) well-timed synchronous reinforcement sessions while continuously improving training program opportunities.
- Collaborate with existing subject matter experts on current and upcoming products, to contribute to the design and maintenance of current and effective training programs.
- Monitor and measure effectiveness of training including facilitating assessments and grading training attendees.
- Work with Sales Leaders, Human Resources, and Product Marketing to analyze the performance of work force so that additional training can be prescribed and developed.
- Work remotely with semi-frequent, face-to-face meetings at shared workspaces with SMEs to facilitate rapid white boarding sessions and fact finding.
- Sovos is a face-paced environment. Tax mandates, customer needs, and product rollout finish lines constantly change. The need to adapt, coordinate with others, and work in rapidly changing, dotted-lined environments is a frequent opportunity.
- Demonstrate a high degree of self-awareness and commitment to personal development and learning.
What We Need From You:
- Multiple years of professional training success
- Demonstrated ability to successfully develop and deliver training programs utilizing skills in instructional design, program design & development, and training technologies.
- Strong organizational, planning, project management, problem resolution, communication, presentation, facilitation, and influencing skills required.
- Excellent creative and conceptual thinking abilities
- Proven, exemplary remote work communication skills and self-management skills
- Instructional design experience focused on digital and blended learning.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail and quality
- Track record of delivering quality projects under tight deadlines
- Experience identifying stakeholders, gathering dependencies, and managing change.
- Proven strength and familiarity with:
- Articulate 360 Suite
- Microsoft Office Suite
- LMS Concepts
- CMS Concepts
- LinkedIn Learning
- Nice to haves but not requirements:
- Comfortable using Seismic as a content management system and Litmos as a Learning Management System
- SalesForce.com experience.
- Adobe Captivate experience.
- Due to client contractual obligations– the successful candidate will have to clear a background check and drug test
What Does Sovos Offer You?
The tools to enhance your life - because we want you to enjoy your life outside of work
- Flexible Paid Time off
- Paid Family and Medical Leave
- The Future is Flexible Work Model – hybrid/remote options available for most roles
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Generous 401k match
- Globally recognized training and development programs
Sovos is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an environment that celebrates diversity and where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate against race, color, religions, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic provided by law. At Sovos, all employees are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work.
Sovos was built to solve the complexities of the digital transformation of tax, with complete, connected offerings for tax determination, continuous transaction controls, tax reporting and more. Sovos customers include half the Fortune 500, as well as businesses of every size operating in more than 70 countries. The company’s SaaS products and proprietary Sovos S1 Platform integrate with a wide variety of business applications and government compliance processes. Sovos has employees throughout the Americas and Europe, and is owned by Hg and TA Associates. For more information visit www.sovos.com and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter