Since 1999, Cvent has been transforming the meetings and events industry with the innovative technology organizations need to promote, manage, and evaluate their events and drive live engagement with their attendees. We are looking for team members who thrive in a dynamic, vibrant environment, are out-of-the-box thinkers, passionate business operators, and are looking to grow with us as we work together to power the human connection through our technology.
Cvent is an exciting, fast-growing tech company that provides industry-leading software to more than 300,000 event professionals and hoteliers around the world. The economic significance of our industry is undeniable: Meetings and events boost the global GDP by more than $1.5 trillion and impact nearly 26 million jobs; and for more than 20 years, Cvent has led the transformation of our industry with our market-leading technology.
Cvent is seeking a (Marketing Budget – Associate) to join our Marketing Global Demand Center (GDC) team. This is an exciting time to join our data-driven marketing organization as we continue to improve our ability to maximize return on marketing spend. Your work will involve cost forecasting, planning & budgeting process development, systems development, and regional support and training. Additionally, you will drive improvements in forecast accuracy and spend analysis on a global basis, and provide input into the planning process based on results and ROI.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is experienced in using data and analytics to demonstrate marketing results. The key customers will be the CMO and other regional and global executives in field marketing, corporate marketing, and shared services. Other stakeholders will include Finance and IT.
What you will be doing:
- Managing and administering the budget allocation process
- Further developing the planning process to ensure timely, consistent, and integrated delivery of marketing plans
- Managing the plan requirements in alignment with global initiatives
- Managing the cost and demand forecasting process
- Supporting and training the marketing team on the budgeting and planning process
- Working closely with budget owners to reconcile budget to actual to drive fiduciary responsibility to all levels of the department
- Partnering to help develop the PO system and ERP system requirements
- Improving global insight on investment strategy, plan execution, and marketing ROI
- Providing data driven recommendations for process improvements, system enhancements and marketing budget allocation
- Aligning strategic and operational Marketing objectives to planning process and system
- Documenting processes and producing instructional videos
At Cvent we celebrate, support and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristics.
Cvent maintains a drug-free workplace.
What you Need for this Position
- Minimum of 2-3 years of marketing operations, sales operations and/or finance operations experience in a fast-paced environment
- Good financial acumen and experienced in working with complex budget allocations, cost forecasting, accruals, and actuals reconciliation
- Project management in a global environment with multiple regional teams
- Demonstrated marketing campaign and budget management within a CRM system, preferably Salesforce.com
- Highly analytical and able to spot trends/provide recommendations to the business via reporting in tableau & Excel
- Excellent attention to detail with strong ability to meet deadlines and effectively prioritize competing tasks
- A passion for good customer service will be a vital success factor
- Self-Starter and comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English. Additional languages a plus)
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Business Administration, Finance, Management, Marketing, or a related field).