Since 1999, Cvent has been transforming the meetings and events industry with the innovative technology organizations need to promote, manage, and evaluate their events and drive live engagement with their attendees. We are looking for team members who thrive in a dynamic, vibrant environment, are out-of-the-box thinkers, passionate business operators, and are looking to grow with us as we work together to power the human connection through our technology.
What you will be doing
- Contribute in developing database structures for OLTP systems in multiple backend types.
- Contribute to implement ETL and ELT process to consolidate data across multiple systems
- Develop APIs, services, data transfers to internal and external systems
- Resolve performance and security issues relating to data access and maintenance
- Understand and contribute to a corporate data model and overall data governance
- Follow best practices for a full software development lifecycle involving data and code.
- Perform unit testing of database and service API
- Contribute to new technology evaluations and recommended usage by developing proof of concepts in java or aws services to use in upcoming projects
- Provide support for database related issues affecting system or process availability.
What You Need for this Position
- Rising Seniors Graduating in December 2022 or May 2023
- Pursuing a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, CIS or related field
- Basic knowledge/experience of Java, AWS and Backend Types like postgres, Oracle, SQL Server and NoSQL DB would be a plus
- Basic understanding of ETL process and data warehouse concepts
- Good Communication skills.
Key Skills & Competencies
- Superior Interpersonal Skills: Ability to interface with a wide range of personalities and levels within Cvent and client organizations; Professional communication style
- Data Collection and Analysis: Proactive listening; resourceful in collecting sufficient data; Analysis of data to develop and implement best solution
- Initiative: Tenacity in problem solving with positive outcomes; Motivated to increase capacity and responsibility
At Cvent we celebrate, support and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristics.
Cvent Maintains a drug-free workplace.