NATURE AND SCOPE OF POSITION:
Analyze and maintain all assigned general ledger accounts and related subsystems including preparation of all schedules, reconciliations and backup to support account balances, as well as provide Legendary Baking Management with information, analysis, and recommendations for optimal financial performance.
1. Complete monthly close procedures and preparation of management reports, including analysis of product and customer profitability.
2. Prepare journal entries and timely monthly reconciliations/analysis for a variety of accounts.
3. Reconcile and monitor all activity between SAP and recorded activity per banks; work with accounts payable, payroll, and treasury to reconcile timing issues.
4. Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and provide explanations on P&L and Balance Sheet variances.
5. Provides monthly PPV and freight analysis and monitor activity for reporting issues.
6. Continually investigate, monitor, and resolve all activity, including reconciling items, aged accounts and questionable items for assigned accounts.
7. Work under minimal supervision, performing assigned tasks with self-direction; reviews progress with management only as needed.
8. Collect, evaluate, analyze, and organize financial data relating to financial statistics into a logical, useful format; present information effectively to all levels of management.
9. Enhance and monitor internal controls for appropriateness and suggest recommendations for improvement.
10. During the period-end close process, responsible for statistical reporting, maintenance of recurring journal entries, journal entry allocations and reversals, and occupancy expense review, analysis, and reporting to stores. Perform job scheduling for end-of-period reports.
11. Maintain desk procedure manuals for assigned responsibilities
12. Assist with efforts to improve automation of the account reconciliations for the bank accounts mentioned above.
13. Conduct initial internal control evaluations.
Perform all other assigned duties and projects as assigned.