Be part of our growth story!!
Do you have a passion for people? Are you a go-getter, full of new ideas and eager to be part of a team that’s committed to helping some of the most recognized brands across North America deliver better experiences for their customers?
Vixxo has been helping to keep the world’s best-loved brands running smoothly since 1980. As a leader in facilities management, Vixxo helps to optimize and maintain equipment lifespans and realize greater revenue through better customer experiences
About the Role
The Director of the Data Governance Office leads and manages all organization-wide data governance activities and is responsible for improving the quality and completeness of corporate data assets. This is a highly cross-functional role requiring strong people, organizational and change management skills. The role is focused on establishing and ensuring adherence to an enterprise data governance framework for data policies, standards and practices to achieve the required level of data consistency, quality and protection. This role serves as a point of escalation for governance, data quality and protection issues and works closely with Business and Functional area leadership to improve the quality and value of core data assets to sustainably and profitably meet business needs and support the strategic goals and objectives of the enterprise.
- Establishes and maintains an enterprise data governance implementation roadmap including strategic priorities for development of information-based capabilities
- Develops and implements an enterprise-wide data governance framework, with a focus on improvement of data quality and the protection of sensitive data through modifications to behavior policies and standards, principles, governance metrics, processes, related tools and data architecture
- Defines roles and responsibilities related to data governance and ensures clear ownership and accountability for stewardship of the company’s principal information assets
- Serves as a liaison between Business and Functional areas and technology to ensure that data related business requirements are clearly defined, communicated and well understood and considered as part of operational prioritization, planning and execution
- Facilitates the development and implementation of data quality standards, data protection standards and adoption requirements across the enterprise
- Conducts data governance audits and defines performance indicators and quality metrics to ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements
- Oversees the development & maintenance of an inventory of the enterprise information maps, including authoritative systems and owner. Oversees the development and maintenance of the enterprise data glossary.
- Coordinates and leads the Data Governance Steering Committee
- Develops and oversees cross-functional mechanism for logging, managing and resolving issues related to data quality, policy, procedures, conflicts, standards and change management
- Bachelors in MIS, Information Management, Business Administration, Industrial Engineering or other related field required, Master’s preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a major services organization, with large-scale data or project management and oversight experience
- 5 years in a management role, with enterprise change or transformation leadership experience
- Knowledge of industry-leading data quality and data protection management practices
- Knowledge of data governance practices and business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets
- Demonstrated consulting skills, with change management concepts and strategies, including communication, culture change and performance measurement system design
- Internally and externally recognized subject matter expert who influences the way things are done
- Familiarity and/or direct experience with lean six sigma principles
Other Skills and Abilities
- Leverages strong cultural awareness to develop cooperative, collaborative and constructive working relationships across all levels of the organization
- Ability to articulate a vision of transformation efforts and a sense of mission
- Demonstrated track record of leading through influence and successfully driving change management
- Demonstrated ability to manage adversity and challenging situations
- Demonstrated track record of driving accountability and ensuring others deliver on their commitments
- Skilled at diplomatically settling disputes, resolving conflicts and negotiating with stakeholders
- Highly developed skills in priority setting and alignment of project priorities with enterprise strategy
- Ability to break down complex problems and projects into manageable goals and partner cross-functionally to achieve sustainable solutions
- Ability to develop people through coaching, mentoring and teaching
- Ability to identify and recruit top talent, including identifying the right people for both technical and non-technical roles