Join the St. Louis Symphony Orchestra!
The SLSO offers exciting opportunities that will challenge your abilities, expand your skills and reward your contributions in an atmosphere that encourages both personal and professional growth for all.
Additionally, the SLSO offers a positive work environment designed around the philosophy of mutual respect and the challenge of contributing to the continued success of our organization.
Major Gift Officer, Campaign is responsible for Leadership Gift fundraising in support of the SLSO.
The Major Gift Officer will identify, cultivate, solicit and steward a portfolio of 200+ leadership prospects ($50K+). The successful candidate will be self-directed, highly motivated, and passionate about the mission of the SLSO and possess the poise to work in close collaboration with the entire Philanthropy team, Sr. Dir. Individual Giving, Associate VP, Philanthropy, VP, Philanthropy, President & CEO and key staff and volunteer leaders.
- Work with the Philanthropy Team and other departments/staff to achieve the fundraising goals of the SLSO.
- Develop innovative strategies for personally cultivating and soliciting prospects and donors.
- Identify, create and produce donor proposals and reports, and secure gift commitments.
- Interact with and involve the Vice President, Philanthropy, AVP, Philanthropy, Sr. Dir. Individual Giving, President & CEO, Campaign Leadership, Philanthropy Team, SLSO staff and musicians in the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of leadership prospects and donors.
- In coordination with Philanthropy Operations and Research team, manage research, prospect review system, rating and screening and create plans for cultivation and solicitation; review and oversee all donor gift and pledge acknowledgements, gift agreements and reports.
- Build strong relationships across SLSO departments and with volunteer leadership.
- Evening and weekend work required periodically, involving concerts and donor events.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Demonstrated success managing a portfolio of significant individual prospects through the process of identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- A measurable record of accomplishment with six and seven figure solicitations.
- Demonstrated success working in a team environment.
- Proven track record of creating and executing sophisticated gift plans and proposals.
- Must be able to problem-solve at a high level in working with trustees, volunteers, major donors, and team members working with donors.
- Ability to achieve in a fast-paced, demanding environment, where attention to detail is paramount.
- Critical characteristics include integrity, initiative, positive attitude, strong interpersonal skills and a high level of maturity and judgment.
- Superior interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written.
- 7+ years in Development with at least three years of direct major gift experience.Experience in non-profit fundraising, with direct responsibility for capital programs.
- Experience with a cultural or community institution is desirable.