Aludyne is a lightweighting solutions and components supplier to the mobility industry.
With a vertically integrated global footprint, deep expertise in both iron and lightweight materials and solutions, and a customer-centric approach to service, we deliver simple solutions to complex mobility problems. We cultivate a collaborative, diverse, and safe environment that enables the solutions our customers need and inspires our employees to achieve excellence. We employ a global team of problem solvers, team players, critical thinkers, and engaged doers.
· Career Advancement: As a growth oriented Company, Aludyne actively supports individual career development through a Performance Management Program, and Education and Training.
- Compensation/Benefits: Aludyne provides competitive wages and benefits to all its employees worldwide.
Safety – the employee needs to work safely and incorporate safety in achieving their goals
Act as One Aludyne – understanding that everyone has goals and they are all equally important and that all employees should work as one unit so everyone is successful
Employee Engagement – work respectfully, ask for feedback from those you are impacting
Commitment to Customers – remember to pride yourself on meeting or exceeding your customers’ expectations and remember that customers can be internal employees or external customers
Transparency – be open and honest in your communication and collaborate and cooperate to make the best decisions
This position will be MAINLY for 2nd shift 4:00 pm - 2:30 am
General Responsibility -
The Casting Technician/Operator is responsible for managing the casting area in an effective, efficient manner in order to produce high quality parts.
• Operate molding machines in a safe manner at all times
• Monitor equipment in your area of responsibility for adverse conditions and advise supervision of these conditions of cycling the casting machine with minimal down time safely and efficiently
• Operate consistently gathering cooled/quenched castings and 100% visually inspecting them before passing them onto finish operations that are after the trim press on your deck.
• Promote and maintain high productivity levels within your area of responsibility
• Complete necessary record keeping in an accurate and timely manner
• Maintain effective communication with peers and supervisors
• Verify the process parameters in machine to human interface at the beginning of your shift.
• Grease the ejector pins properly at the beginning and the middle of your shift
• Apply the correct tools for the casting deck when needed
• Apply the thermo-coat, release coat, and hard coatings
• Visually inspect castings to the flow of work instructions
• Traceability of product
• Able to operate the saw machine operation
• Able to follow the housekeeping work instructions for the casting floor and work area.
• Required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties upon request of the supervisor
• Complies with the following OSHA Safety Standards: Hazard Communication; Bloodborne Pathogens; Lockout; Permit Required Confined Space; Hot Work Permit; Powered Industrial Trucks; P.P.E. and Ergonomics
• When necessary, participate in classes and training seminars to learn new technologies and techniques deemed helpful to performance on the job
• Maintain equipment
Works in seasonnaly fast paced environment under minimum supervision. Rountine responsibilites and duties involve the use of various procedures and the application of clearly prescribed standards of pratice, requiring the use of good judgment. Must work with high degree of accuracy.
- Operate molding machines in safe manner at all times.
- Monitor equipment in your area of responsibility for adverse conditions and advise supervision of these conditions.
- Operate molding in your are of responsbility for adverse conditions and advise supervisior.
- Follow work instructions and use appropriate PPE
- Look for problem areas and take proper steps in troubleshoot; communicate with supervisor on problems.
Looking for individuals who have experience with casting before!****************
• Possess basic math skills, visual inspection and good verbal and written skills
• HS Graduation or equivalent
• Team player, good listening
• The job works in conditions with constant exposure to noise, odors, dust, drafts, chemicals, operating machinery, temperature extremes, hazardous substances, etc.
• Must be able to lift 30 – 50 lbs. and stand for extended periods of time
• Repetitive lifting of objects over 5 lbs.
• Repetitive manual movements
• Carrying pushing or pulling objects over 5 lbs.
• Crouching, climbing
• Sustained visual concentration on small areas, such as monitors, screens or numbers, legal documents
• Precise eye/hand coordination DISCLAIMER The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Aludyne provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.