Aludyne is a lightweighting solutions and components supplier to the mobility industry.
With a vertically integrated global footprint, deep expertise in both iron and lightweight materials and solutions, and a customer-centric approach to service, we deliver simple solutions to complex mobility problems. We cultivate a collaborative, diverse, and safe environment that enables the solutions our customers need and inspires our employees to achieve excellence. We employ a global team of problem solvers, team players, critical thinkers, and engaged doers.
· Career Advancement: As a growth oriented Company, Aludyne actively supports individual career development through a Performance Management Program, and Education and Training.
- Compensation/Benefits: Aludyne provides competitive wages and benefits to all its employees worldwide.
Safety – the employee needs to work safely and incorporate safety in achieving their goals
Act as One Aludyne – understanding that everyone has goals and they are all equally important and that all employees should work as one unit so everyone is successful
Employee Engagement – work respectfully, ask for feedback from those you are impacting
Commitment to Customers – remember to pride yourself on meeting or exceeding your customers’ expectations and remember that customers can be internal employees or external customers
Transparency – be open and honest in your communication and collaborate and cooperate to make the best decisions
Summary/Objective: Responsible for regional (North and South America) implementation, training and ongoing administration of problem solving and continuous improvement tools and methods such as Lean, Six Sigma and (PDCA Teams). Will also provide close mentoring and support for Plant CI (Continuous Improvement) Leaders, Black Belts and Green Belts. The primary responsibility of this role is to facilitate the deployment of strategic continuous improvement initiatives for multiple plants. Other important responsibilities are management of the cost savings process, KPI reporting oversight, and assisting in development and roll-out of the productions system.
- Be process and metrics-driven, clearly establishing objectives and having a cadence of measuring performance against those objectives, and applying problem-solving and policy deployment skills to drive both continuous improvement and critical longer-term strategic objectives.
- Collaborate with the Leadership Team at each plant to develop and implement an operational excellence plan to support manufacturing.
- Collaborate with organizational leaders to create an action-based culture of accountability to improve their KPI’s, equipment efficiency, asset utilization, inventory turns, workplace safety and product quality.
- Identify, develop and implement lean concepts, tools and methodologies that drive cost reductions and promote standardization of manufacturing technologies and visual management.
- Identify best practices both inside and outside of the organization, and serve as a conduit for best-practice sharing across the organization.
- Conduct training and lead continuous improvement workshops to develop greater subject matter expertise and foster an interactive and collaborative work environment.
- Conduct facility assessments to ensure production system requirements are being followed within the manufacturing facilities.
- Business Acumen.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Critical Evaluation/Problem Solving.
- Global & Cultural Awareness.
- Leadership & Navigation.
- Relationship Management.
- Data analysis and improvement opportunity identification
As this is a regional role, travel will be required to support assigned locations. Bulk of facilities are in US but there are facilities in Mexico and Brazil.
Required Education and Experience:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering or Operations Management (or equivalent)
2. Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or MS Industrial Management preferred but not required
3. Minimum of 10+ years’ experience in operations management, operational excellence, or quality improvement within manufacturing industries.
4. Demonstrated success driving lean transformations and change management efforts in a manufacturing business
5. Demonstrated ability to work efficiently across multiple teams and business functions
6. Understands and can setup: 5S, Autonomous Maintenance, Standard Work, Value Stream Mapping, Visual Factory, Basic Problem Solving, Material and product flow, Preventative Maintenance, Financial Analysis, Scheduling, Kanban and basic Supermarkets, Advanced Problem Solving, Line delivery scheduling
7. Six Sigma Black Belt certification is desired but not required.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Prefer demonstrated knowledge and practical expertise with tier one automotive experience. Next preferences would be aerospace, defense or medical equipment manufacturing; or industry experience with lots of machining.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain an all-inclusive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Aludyne provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.