Direct Materials Manager
Southfield, MI - Corporate HQ
Aludyne is a lightweighting solutions and components supplier to the mobility industry.
With a vertically integrated global footprint, deep expertise in both iron and lightweight materials and solutions, and a customer-centric approach to service, we deliver simple solutions to complex mobility problems. We cultivate a collaborative, diverse, and safe environment that enables the solutions our customers need and inspires our employees to achieve excellence. We employ a global team of problem solvers, team players, critical thinkers, and engaged doers.
· Career Advancement: As a growth oriented Company, Aludyne actively supports individual career development through a Performance Management Program, and Education and Training.
- Compensation/Benefits: Aludyne provides competitive wages and benefits to all its employees worldwide.
Safety – the employee needs to work safely and incorporate safety in achieving their goals
Act as One Aludyne – understanding that everyone has goals and they are all equally important and that all employees should work as one unit so everyone is successful
Employee Engagement – work respectfully, ask for feedback from those you are impacting
Commitment to Customers – remember to pride yourself on meeting or exceeding your customers’ expectations and remember that customers can be internal employees or external customers
Transparency – be open and honest in your communication and collaborate and cooperate to make the best decisions
The Direct Materials Manager is responsible for managing a team of Buyers that supports supplier selection, development, launch, and issue resolution for automotive chassis components such as castings, forgings, fasteners, stampings, bushings, ball joints, and other components in North America and Globally. The Direct Materials Manager is also responsible for cost savings activity, supplier diversity and overseeing the Purchasing Systems.
- Continuously work on identifying and implementing cost saving strategies and product alternatives, including improved payment terms and lead times.
- Drive cost-saving initiatives to align with company goals.
- Negotiate supply agreements and Long Term Agreements including terms and conditions
- Calculate component surcharge for the affected supply base based on contractual agreements. Issue PO amendments accordingly.
- Attend APQP meetings as assigned.
- Implement commodity strategies.
- Manage engineering changes.
- Oversee RFQs.
- Train and develop Direct Material Buyers.
- Study market trends, interview vendors, and recommend sources of supply.
- Participate in the commercial aspects of Supply Chain shortages and quality issues.
- Support commercial activities in Europe and China.
- Travel occasionally as business needs dictate
- Manage Ad Hoc Supply Chain requests from Internal and External Customers
- Strong data-entry skills and attention to detail;
- Exceptional analytical thinking, problem solving, and organizational skills;
- Able to prioritize work, delegate, and meet deadlines;
- Proper sense of urgency and knowing when and how to step in;
- Ability to influence people multi-site, with different cultures and backgrounds;
- Comfortable with level of independency and decision-making authority;
- Accurate monitoring on costs, budgets, KPI’s
- Understand implications of all relevant internal processes
- Strong leadership, team building, and communication skills
- Computers and Communications Equipment. Personal Computer (PC) skills required. (Word Processing, Spreadsheet, Internet and Data Base, etc.)
- Negotiation experience
- 5+ years of relevant Procurement experience
- Previous employee management/supervisory experience
- Ability to conduct financial analysis such as piece price, standard cost and NPV.
- Understanding of contract structure and business terms & conditions.
- Strong Business writing and communication skill
- Strong negotiation experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Business Acumen
- Strategic Thinking
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Financial Management
- Customer Focus
- Communication Proficiency
- Time Management
Aludyne provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.