Aludyne is a lightweighting solutions and components supplier to the mobility industry.
With a vertically integrated global footprint, deep expertise in both iron and lightweight materials and solutions, and a customer-centric approach to service, we deliver simple solutions to complex mobility problems. We cultivate a collaborative, diverse, and safe environment that enables the solutions our customers need and inspires our employees to achieve excellence. We employ a global team of problem solvers, team players, critical thinkers, and engaged doers.
· Career Advancement: As a growth oriented Company, Aludyne actively supports individual career development through a Performance Management Program, and Education and Training.
- Compensation/Benefits: Aludyne provides competitive wages and benefits to all its employees worldwide.
Safety – the employee needs to work safely and incorporate safety in achieving their goals
Act as One Aludyne – understanding that everyone has goals and they are all equally important and that all employees should work as one unit so everyone is successful
Employee Engagement – work respectfully, ask for feedback from those you are impacting
Commitment to Customers – remember to pride yourself on meeting or exceeding your customers’ expectations and remember that customers can be internal employees or external customers
Transparency – be open and honest in your communication and collaborate and cooperate to make the best decisions
Devises methods and policies ensuring most efficient and economical movement of all materials in and out of the plant. Ensures compliance with established organizational standards. Oversees day to day operations of the unit. Reviews and evaluates the work and performance of reporting employees.
- Forecasts sales and production on daily, weekly and monthly schedules.
- Maintains liaison among plants, sales divisions, and warehouses to provide efficient customer delivery service.
- Chairs the daily production stand-up meeting and sets the cadence for the plant across machining and casting for daily, weekly, and monthly production requirements.
- Creates and maintains pull systems to drive reductions in raw materials, WIP and finished goods.
- Ensures that company standard procedures are followed.
- Analyzes and evaluates inventory and delivery problems and recommends solutions.
- Required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties upon request of the Plant Manager.
- Complies with the following OSHA Safety Standards: Hazard Communication; Bloodborne Pathogens; Lockout; Permit Required Confined Space; Hot Work Permit; Powered Industrial Trucks; P.P.E. and Ergonomics.
- When necessary, participate in classes and training seminars to learn new technologies and techniques deemed helpful to performance on the job.
- Manages Indirect Purchasing Activities.
- Tracks material costs for inventory levels, budget and new programs.
- Participates in annual plant cost reductions, MP&L contributes between $100K to $150K annually in cost reductions related to freight, packaging and indirect spend.
- Creates and generates internal management reports to track performance and costs related to, inventory, transportation, cost savings, production and sales.
- Actively participates in all financial forecasts.
- Supports all new program launches.
- Support other locations with planning and system related projects.
- Ability to coach and develop employees
- Ability to deal with multiple levels of people effectively, in group and individual settings
- Ability to effectively deal with vendors/suppliers/customers
- Basic computer literacy
- Basic math and business writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop project plans and manage projects to successful completion
- Ability to learn new programs, activities and tasks
- Good oral/written communications and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational, planning and documentation skills
- Ability to use basic lean tools including flow charts, work standardization, and problem solving tools
- Bachelor Degree; Business, Administration, Accounting, Engineering and Logistics Degrees preferred
- 5-6 years in Manufacturing Environment working with process of meeting schedules and supervising people
- Lean training and certification preferred
- Solid understanding of pull systems, KanBan usage and maintenance, utilization of milk runs for forklift optimization, feeder cells, flow systems and other visual management practices to improve flow and reduce inventories and lower cycle times
- Strong ability to envision and create their own systems, tools, practices to drive improvements
- Data analytics and quantitative skills
- Must have strong learning skills to work with multiple company systems as well as outside customer systems
- Must have understanding of domestic and international logistics
- Must have very strong computer and analytical skills and be excellent at producing schedules and cost comparisons.
- Works under broad supervision. Designs and carries out programs and projects or far reaching objectives independently informing management as appropriate.
- Major responsibilities typically require creativity and latitude. Employee typically operates with specific objectives but often few written or unwritten procedures as guidelines. Some policies or precedents for action exist.
- Errors, if they happen are easy to find
- Errors can be fixed with some effort or expense and moderate effect on the organization
Aludyne provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.