Safety, Health, and Environmental (SHE) Engineer
Southfield, MI - Corporate HQ
Aludyne is a lightweighting solutions and components supplier to the mobility industry.
With a vertically integrated global footprint, deep expertise in both iron and lightweight materials and solutions, and a customer-centric approach to service, we deliver simple solutions to complex mobility problems. We cultivate a collaborative, diverse, and safe environment that enables the solutions our customers need and inspires our employees to achieve excellence. We employ a global team of problem solvers, team players, critical thinkers, and engaged doers.
· Career Advancement: As a growth oriented Company, Aludyne actively supports individual career development through a Performance Management Program, and Education and Training.
- Compensation/Benefits: Aludyne provides competitive wages and benefits to all its employees worldwide.
Safety – the employee needs to work safely and incorporate safety in achieving their goals
Act as One Aludyne – understanding that everyone has goals and they are all equally important and that all employees should work as one unit so everyone is successful
Employee Engagement – work respectfully, ask for feedback from those you are impacting
Commitment to Customers – remember to pride yourself on meeting or exceeding your customers’ expectations and remember that customers can be internal employees or external customers
Transparency – be open and honest in your communication and collaborate and cooperate to make the best decisions
Aludyne’s primary goal is to be the industry leader in Safety. A positive message needs to be continuously communicated, and action needs to be taken to maintain a positive “Safety Culture” throughout the company that will cultivate the value of safety to each individual at every level. The most valuable asset we have is our people, and a relentless effort towards Safety will be taken to protect each valued employee of the Aludyne team. We are currently hiring a Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) Engineer in Southfield, MI – reporting directly to the Director of Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE).
- Responsible for development of the "Safety Culture" for NA region.
- Responsible for developing and executing the SHE business plan and working with Aludyne partners to grow all areas of SHE.
Major Responsibilities :
- Develop the SHE plan and priorities for all parts of the company in region NA.
- Work with SHE/Ops partners to agree and set targets, perform periodic reviews, and agree on priorities to facilitate SHE needs for facility personnel.
- Gather, analyze and deliver information from the field to allow responsible SHE staff to develop strategies to better serve the facility
- Conduct KPI reviews and ensure SHE targets and objectives are met.
- Participate in meetings and reviews and operational health and safety management within the region, making sure safe working practices are followed.
- Manage key accounts in line with Aludyne SHE standards and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA, EPA or Local regulatory policies and procedures.
- Deliver legally compliant health, safety and environmental services to the region and provide relevant advice and guidance to facilities, as appropriate.
- Travel to each facility in the region on a periodic basis to maintain and continuously improve the safety culture.
- Deliver Sustainability metrics and maintain current ISO 14001 programs and processes maintaining certifications
- Fulfill customer sustainability reporting requests
Aludyne provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.