Aludyne is a lightweighting solutions and components supplier to the mobility industry.
With a vertically integrated global footprint, deep expertise in both iron and lightweight materials and solutions, and a customer-centric approach to service, we deliver simple solutions to complex mobility problems. We cultivate a collaborative, diverse, and safe environment that enables the solutions our customers need and inspires our employees to achieve excellence. We employ a global team of problem solvers, team players, critical thinkers, and engaged doers.
· Career Advancement: As a growth oriented Company, Aludyne actively supports individual career development through a Performance Management Program, and Education and Training.
- Compensation/Benefits: Aludyne provides competitive wages and benefits to all its employees worldwide.
Safety – the employee needs to work safely and incorporate safety in achieving their goals
Act as One Aludyne – understanding that everyone has goals and they are all equally important and that all employees should work as one unit so everyone is successful
Employee Engagement – work respectfully, ask for feedback from those you are impacting
Commitment to Customers – remember to pride yourself on meeting or exceeding your customers’ expectations and remember that customers can be internal employees or external customers
Transparency – be open and honest in your communication and collaborate and cooperate to make the best decisions
Aludyne is hiring a Program Manager in Southfield, MI! The Program Manager is an experienced program manager and serves as the primary and responsible person for ensuring flawless launch activities, and serves as the customer point of contact, for new programs they are assigned to. The person is charged with coordinating launch teams, timeline creation, and leading the launch teams through the APQP, Launch, and Gate Review processes to ensure successful and timely program launches, transfers, and engineering changes. These processes are to be carried out in a way which maximizes customer satisfaction and optimizes internal goals and objectives.
Program Management: 75%
• Responsible to plan and manage the launch of new programs.
• Leads internal launch teams.
• Leads development of timing. Manages and tracks progress to timing.
• Lead customer APQP team and Process. Insure required documentation is being created, tracked via open issues or timing and maintained.
• Report APQP status internally and to the customer.
• Regular operational interaction & communication activities via launch teams.
• Supports manufacturing lead meetings, initiatives and launch readiness.
• Supports and attends trials and launches at customer, Aludyne facility, and sub supplier facility
• Lead Supplier APQP (As needed)
• Track Open Issues
• Create detailed program spend forecast, and track program against budget
• Lead gate review process
• Communicates engineering & manufacturing issues/proposals to the customer.
• Supports capital and tooling runoff activities with supply base.
Tech Review Support: 10%
• Supports the quoting process, can develop processes and prepare cost models
• Create program timelines to support new business quoting
• Leads Tech Review discussions through the manufacturing, and program management processes
• Prepare Tech Review presentations that detail our quoted processes, accurately describing any exceptions needed, or cost effective design alternatives
• Interact with the manufacturing plants and customer engineering teams to address any follow up concerns from the Tech Review process
Continuous Improvement: 10%
• Participates or leads Kaizen / Six Sigma events at corporate or the manufacturing sites
• Track annual savings generated and implemented
Career Development: 5%
• Provides input to management of personal growth
• Review career desires during appraisal with superior – gets input from management
• Provides management with up to date information and self-assessments
• Support manufacturing benchmarking activities
• Attend pertinent training to advance working knowledge of manufacturing and program management
• Exceptional Oral and Written Communication
• Mechanical Aptitude
• Time Management
• Risk Management
• Conflict / opportunity resolution
• Priority Setting & Decision Making
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in an engineering field
• Casting, Machining, and Manufacturing experience a must
• Minimum 3 years operations or program management experience
• Launch experience
• Understanding of GAAP accounting rules
• Customer & industry product standards for quality and delivery (APQP)
• Customer APQP systems
• Prototype and production specific timing
• Gaging, measurement system analysis
• SPC, and the use of statistical techniques for problem solving
• CNC programming, setup, and plant floor experience
• PC Applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, AutoCAD, Minitab
The position will require extensive travel to the various domestic and international Aludyne manufacturing sites where their respective programs will be produced, to meet with internal and external customers, and review program launch progress.
Aludyne provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.