Shipping and Receiving Supervisor
Columbus, GA Machining
Aludyne is a lightweighting solutions and components supplier to the mobility industry.
With a vertically integrated global footprint, deep expertise in both iron and lightweight materials and solutions, and a customer-centric approach to service, we deliver simple solutions to complex mobility problems. We cultivate a collaborative, diverse, and safe environment that enables the solutions our customers need and inspires our employees to achieve excellence. We employ a global team of problem solvers, team players, critical thinkers, and engaged doers.
· Career Advancement: As a growth oriented Company, Aludyne actively supports individual career development through a Performance Management Program, and Education and Training.
- Compensation/Benefits: Aludyne provides competitive wages and benefits to all its employees worldwide.
Safety – the employee needs to work safely and incorporate safety in achieving their goals
Act as One Aludyne – understanding that everyone has goals and they are all equally important and that all employees should work as one unit so everyone is successful
Employee Engagement – work respectfully, ask for feedback from those you are impacting
Commitment to Customers – remember to pride yourself on meeting or exceeding your customers’ expectations and remember that customers can be internal employees or external customers
Transparency – be open and honest in your communication and collaborate and cooperate to make the best decisions
Aludyne in Columbus, GA has an immediate opening for a Shipping and Receiving Supervisor.
This position supervises the performance of all warehouse activities while being conscious of inventory control procedures, as well as business and customer service objectives.
Primary duties include:
Manages transportation sector (50%):
- Administers all Shipping and Receiving activities, including incoming and outgoing materials; First In, First Out (FIFO); staging; scanning and inspections.
- Oversees Shipping and Receiving lift truck drivers and ensures that the follow all safety procedures
- Monitors customer schedule changes and notifies Plant Manager of fluctuating needs
- Keeps proper documentation of incoming and outgoing shipments
- Communicates with customers and suppliers for suitable scheduling and customer service
- Communicates with Logistics and Planning Coordinator for forecasting
- Generates a month end report for team and Management
- Distributes production orders including production labels to Shift Supervisor to ensure production will meet demand
- Notifies Management and Maintenance for service requirements to ensure minimal downtime in Shipping
- Disputes detrimental or inapt ratings from customers
- Trains new employees in Shipping and Receiving
Shipping responsibilities, 35%:
- Reviews shipment releases daily
- Coordinates trucks for shipping as needed
- Runs firm orders daily
- Reviews foreign shipments and alerts Plant Manager of any discrepancies
- Prepares and transmits EDI (Advanced Shipment to customers) within 30 minutes of departure
- Tracks delivery performance and follows up on potential delivery issues
- Monitors customer returnable bins that need to be returned
- Keeps track of finished merchandise prepared to ship
Receiving responsibilities, 15%:
- Verifies suppliers provide appropriate materials
- Creates shippers required for empty bins owned by suppliers
- Ensures raw product bins are stored and organized appropriately
Aludyne provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.