Columbus, GA Machining
Aludyne is a lightweighting solutions and components supplier to the mobility industry.
With a vertically integrated global footprint, deep expertise in both iron and lightweight materials and solutions, and a customer-centric approach to service, we deliver simple solutions to complex mobility problems. We cultivate a collaborative, diverse, and safe environment that enables the solutions our customers need and inspires our employees to achieve excellence. We employ a global team of problem solvers, team players, critical thinkers, and engaged doers.
· Career Advancement: As a growth oriented Company, Aludyne actively supports individual career development through a Performance Management Program, and Education and Training.
- Compensation/Benefits: Aludyne provides competitive wages and benefits to all its employees worldwide.
Safety – the employee needs to work safely and incorporate safety in achieving their goals
Act as One Aludyne – understanding that everyone has goals and they are all equally important and that all employees should work as one unit so everyone is successful
Employee Engagement – work respectfully, ask for feedback from those you are impacting
Commitment to Customers – remember to pride yourself on meeting or exceeding your customers’ expectations and remember that customers can be internal employees or external customers
Transparency – be open and honest in your communication and collaborate and cooperate to make the best decisions
Aludyne in Columbus, GA is currently hiring a Materials Manager to join their team!
The Materials Manager coordinates activities involved with obtaining production materials, plant consumables, spare parts and equipment at a suitable time and at the best price feasible for the company.
Plans for the flow of resources and files proper documentation (55%)
- Requests quotes from vendors and makes recommendation for sourcing according to quality, price, technology, service and delivery
- Checks EDI system daily for customer releases or changes
- Manages and updates the Supply Chain Management System (SCMS) with parts received and verify that they match what was ordered on the invoice
- Issues weekly releases to suppliers in sufficient quantity to meet the production plan and optimize component inventory
- Monitors the MP2 software to track the consumption of inventory from the Crib Supply Store
- Resolves non-conforming products with quality control personnel and vendors
- Coordinates receiving trucks for scheduling
- Approves invoices for payments and works with Accounting on accounts payable
- Submits Purchase Requisition for approval according to company procedures
- Maintains computerized procurement records, such as items purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories
- Communicates with the Corporate Purchasing Manager for excess cost of materials
- Submits weekly releases of all raw materials including castings, bushings and bearings
- Creates and releases purchase orders
- Counts inventory manually to sum raw and finished materials for forecasting
- Inputs purchasing receipts and inventory data daily into spread sheet for product forecasting
- Enters bin information daily to track dunnage
Purchases necessary materials (45%)
- Responds to order requests from Quality, Maintenance, Shipping and Supply Store Attendant
- Procures supplies and materials such as raw product, equipment, tools, parts and stock inventory
- Tracks Purchase Orders (POs) to make sure that they are delivered at the right time and for the right cost
- Ensures we are working with the most cost effective and quality suppliers
- Follows up with suppliers when facing discrepancies
The ideal candidate will have:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience with Quick Books, Production Analysis, Microsoft Excel, Logistics, Forecasting
- 5-8 years of experience
Aludyne provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.