Aludyne is a lightweighting solutions and components supplier to the mobility industry.
With a vertically integrated global footprint, deep expertise in both iron and lightweight materials and solutions, and a customer-centric approach to service, we deliver simple solutions to complex mobility problems. We cultivate a collaborative, diverse, and safe environment that enables the solutions our customers need and inspires our employees to achieve excellence. We employ a global team of problem solvers, team players, critical thinkers, and engaged doers.
· Career Advancement: As a growth oriented Company, Aludyne actively supports individual career development through a Performance Management Program, and Education and Training.
- Compensation/Benefits: Aludyne provides competitive wages and benefits to all its employees worldwide.
Safety – the employee needs to work safely and incorporate safety in achieving their goals
Act as One Aludyne – understanding that everyone has goals and they are all equally important and that all employees should work as one unit so everyone is successful
Employee Engagement – work respectfully, ask for feedback from those you are impacting
Commitment to Customers – remember to pride yourself on meeting or exceeding your customers’ expectations and remember that customers can be internal employees or external customers
Transparency – be open and honest in your communication and collaborate and cooperate to make the best decisions
Aludyne in Southfield, MI is hiring a CAD Engineer! This is a great opportunity to join a great team!
The CAD Engineer will develop 3 dimensional computer solid models, develop 2 dimensional prints, manage data release internal and with customer, update design based on guidance from FEA or manufacturing, perform clearance checks, tolerance stack ups, and report findings to drive product design in accordance with corporate and customer schedules and standards.
Solid model concept creation, review, and reporting supporting new business opportunities, launch support and continuous improvement activities.
• Extensive knowledge of automotive component function.
• General knowledge of customer engineering standards.
• 3D Solid Model generation.
• 2D print creation
• GDT print knowledge
• Update designs based on guidance on simulation outcome. (FEA driven designs)
Program follow through and follow up.
• General knowledge in component development (DFA & DFM).
• General knowledge of the metal casting and machining processes.
• Direct collaboration with Product engineer and pro-active product development.
• Engineering conflicts and options are to be promptly presented to the Product Engineer.
• Drive design through report and consultation.
• Applicable knowledge of a major analysis tools used in the automotive industry.
· Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering technology
· Proficiency in the primary CAD systems in 3D and 2D design: Nx and Catia.
· Proficiency in one CAD TeamCenter System: Ford, GM, FCA
· Proficiency in GD&T
· Proficiency in ASME Y14.5-2018.
· Proficiency in Tolerance Stackup
· Proficiency in Office applications: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook
Aludyne provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.