Manufacturing Systems Intern
Southfield, MI - Corporate HQ
Aludyne is a lightweighting solutions and components supplier to the mobility industry.
With a vertically integrated global footprint, deep expertise in both iron and lightweight materials and solutions, and a customer-centric approach to service, we deliver simple solutions to complex mobility problems. We cultivate a collaborative, diverse, and safe environment that enables the solutions our customers need and inspires our employees to achieve excellence. We employ a global team of problem solvers, team players, critical thinkers, and engaged doers.
· Career Advancement: As a growth oriented Company, Aludyne actively supports individual career development through a Performance Management Program, and Education and Training.
- Compensation/Benefits: Aludyne provides competitive wages and benefits to all its employees worldwide.
Safety – the employee needs to work safely and incorporate safety in achieving their goals
Act as One Aludyne – understanding that everyone has goals and they are all equally important and that all employees should work as one unit so everyone is successful
Employee Engagement – work respectfully, ask for feedback from those you are impacting
Commitment to Customers – remember to pride yourself on meeting or exceeding your customers’ expectations and remember that customers can be internal employees or external customers
Transparency – be open and honest in your communication and collaborate and cooperate to make the best decisions
Aludyne in Southfield, MI has an excellent opportunity available for a Manufacturing Systems Intern!
The Manufacturing Systems Intern is a technically astute individual that will work on various data collection, analysis, and reporting tasks. The tasks would encompass assignments within the Operations, Quality, OpEx, Program Management, and Manufacturing Engineering Departments.
Primary responsibilities include:
Data Collection, Analysis, and Reporting: 70%
- Follow up with plant teams to ensure they have provided operations data updates on time
- Create monthly roll up reports from the operational data
- Gather third party data on vehicle forecasts and production life, and update capacity and asset files accordingly
- Review and analyze data and communicate in an efficient way through tables, charting, and formatting.
Excel Systems Development: 25%
- Advanced Excel skills are a must
- Make improvements to existing Excel based data collection files for ease of use, updating, and reporting
- Create new Excel based systems to further improve data collection and analysis within the organization
- Create work instructions on how to maintain, modify, and properly update the Excel based systems
Additional Career Development: 5%
- Develop broad exposure through the above duties
- Identify areas to further study
- Work with supervisor on an individual development and growth plan
- Exceptional Oral and Written Communication
- Exceptional Software Aptitude
- Time Management, Organization, Interpersonal
- Bachelor’s Degree in progress, preferably in an engineering field
- PC Applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, CAD, Minitab
- Advanced Excel programming skills are a must
Aludyne provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.