Aludyne is a lightweighting solutions and components supplier to the mobility industry.
With a vertically integrated global footprint, deep expertise in both iron and lightweight materials and solutions, and a customer-centric approach to service, we deliver simple solutions to complex mobility problems. We cultivate a collaborative, diverse, and safe environment that enables the solutions our customers need and inspires our employees to achieve excellence. We employ a global team of problem solvers, team players, critical thinkers, and engaged doers.
· Career Advancement: As a growth oriented Company, Aludyne actively supports individual career development through a Performance Management Program, and Education and Training.
- Compensation/Benefits: Aludyne provides competitive wages and benefits to all its employees worldwide.
Safety – the employee needs to work safely and incorporate safety in achieving their goals
Act as One Aludyne – understanding that everyone has goals and they are all equally important and that all employees should work as one unit so everyone is successful
Employee Engagement – work respectfully, ask for feedback from those you are impacting
Commitment to Customers – remember to pride yourself on meeting or exceeding your customers’ expectations and remember that customers can be internal employees or external customers
Transparency – be open and honest in your communication and collaborate and cooperate to make the best decisions
· Leads, fosters and supports Kaizen events and similar team-based improvement initiatives.
· Supports the plant manager in being directly responsible for achieving annual CI goals.
· Facilitate the selection, scope and planning of specific CI projects.
· Collaborate with associates throughout the organization to generate cost savings and other improvement project ideas.
· Leads and drive completion of projects on time with limited supervision to support business goals.
· Responsible for working with and collaborating with other CI Coordinator/Managers and plants outside of their home base site as needed for continuous improvement.
· Responsible for working directly with Plant Manager and staff to insure that CI Budgetary and Project Goals are achieved on schedule.
· Serving as primary Coordinator for the administration of the Site's Lean, Process Optimization, and Six Sigma Programs.
· Responsible for the development and implementation of a strategic plan for continuous improvement of the value streams for each of the plants primary product manufacturing processes and ensuring that they are optimized from a throughput and waste (OEE) perspective.
· Responsible for the oversight, development, training, implementing, and sustaining of the plant’s Lean Culture including 5S, Visual Controls, Standard Work, Kaizen systems, and Strategy Deployment A3s, TPM, Shop Floor Management, etc.
· Develop an infrastructure and employee lean/six sigma introduction training to enable employee engagement in lean and problem solving.
· Create a SMED improvement process to help perform SMED related studies with a focus on eliminating unneeded down time.
· Coordinate PFMEA/RFMEA reviews with Quality to make end to end processes more robust
· Review downtime and develop OEE corrective action plans
· Maintain the corporate reporting on CI initiatives and results.
· Creation of improvement roadmap for plant.
· Implements the Aludyne Production System in the plant.
· Insures lean line design is employed for new production lines/cells.
· Understands and can setup 5S, Autonomous Maintenance, Standard Work, Value Stream Mapping, Visual Factory, Basic Problem Solving, Material and product flow
· Exposure to preventative maintenance with basic understanding of TPM program setup
• 5+ years of experience in lean / six sigma role required, automotive industry preferred
• ASQ CSSGB certification preferred but not required
• Bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering (or related field) an asset, but not required
This position is responsible for lean manufacturing training for all plant personnel implementation of lean initiatives within the plant, and leading all continuous improvement efforts assigned by management. Work with each department to drive profitability and EBITDA improvements by removing barriers to productivity. Design, integrate, or improve manufacturing systems or related processes. May work with outside contractors to refine production processes to increase profitability and decrease costs.
Aludyne provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.