Director of Supply Chain
Southfield, MI - Corporate HQ
Aludyne is a lightweighting solutions and components supplier to the mobility industry.
With a vertically integrated global footprint, deep expertise in both iron and lightweight materials and solutions, and a customer-centric approach to service, we deliver simple solutions to complex mobility problems. We cultivate a collaborative, diverse, and safe environment that enables the solutions our customers need and inspires our employees to achieve excellence. We employ a global team of problem solvers, team players, critical thinkers, and engaged doers.
· Career Advancement: As a growth oriented Company, Aludyne actively supports individual career development through a Performance Management Program, and Education and Training.
- Compensation/Benefits: Aludyne provides competitive wages and benefits to all its employees worldwide.
Safety – the employee needs to work safely and incorporate safety in achieving their goals
Act as One Aludyne – understanding that everyone has goals and they are all equally important and that all employees should work as one unit so everyone is successful
Employee Engagement – work respectfully, ask for feedback from those you are impacting
Commitment to Customers – remember to pride yourself on meeting or exceeding your customers’ expectations and remember that customers can be internal employees or external customers
Transparency – be open and honest in your communication and collaborate and cooperate to make the best decisions
Aludyne is hiring a Director of Supply Chain in Southfield, MI. The Director of Supply Chain is responsible for global supply chain operations internally and externally for more than 20 facilities. This position is responsible for managing the following functional areas: Direct Material Purchasing, Indirect Material Purchasing, Supplier Quality, Packaging and Logistics. Manages supplier selection, development and issue resolution. The Director is also responsible for global strategy development, cost savings activity, Supplier Diversity, Conflict Minerals and Purchasing processes and systems.
- Set and monitor Key Performance Indicators for the Supply Chain Department
- Continuously work on identifying and implementing cost saving strategies and product alternatives
- Drive cost-saving initiatives to align with company goals
- Negotiate supply agreements and Long Term Agreements including terms and conditions
- Monitor Supply Chain employee performance and transportation management in NAFTA
- Monitor Supplier Quality performance
- Implement commodity strategies
- Build relationships with suppliers to support the company’s goals and objectives
- Train and develop staff
- Study market trends, interview vendors, and recommend sources of supply
- Participate in the commercial aspects of Supply Chain shortages and quality issues
- Support global commercial activities in NAFTA, Europe and China
- Travel occasionally as business needs dictate
- Manage Ad Hoc Supply Chain requests from Internal and External Customers
- 5+ years of relevant Procurement experience
- Previous employee management/supervisory experience
- Ability to conduct financial analysis such as piece price, standard cost and NPV
- Understanding of contract structure and business terms & conditions.
- Strong Business writing and communication skill
- Strong negotiation experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Aludyne provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.