Southfield, MI - Corporate HQ
Aludyne is a lightweighting solutions and components supplier to the mobility industry.
With a vertically integrated global footprint, deep expertise in both iron and lightweight materials and solutions, and a customer-centric approach to service, we deliver simple solutions to complex mobility problems. We cultivate a collaborative, diverse, and safe environment that enables the solutions our customers need and inspires our employees to achieve excellence. We employ a global team of problem solvers, team players, critical thinkers, and engaged doers.
· Career Advancement: As a growth oriented Company, Aludyne actively supports individual career development through a Performance Management Program, and Education and Training.
- Compensation/Benefits: Aludyne provides competitive wages and benefits to all its employees worldwide.
Safety – the employee needs to work safely and incorporate safety in achieving their goals
Act as One Aludyne – understanding that everyone has goals and they are all equally important and that all employees should work as one unit so everyone is successful
Employee Engagement – work respectfully, ask for feedback from those you are impacting
Commitment to Customers – remember to pride yourself on meeting or exceeding your customers’ expectations and remember that customers can be internal employees or external customers
Transparency – be open and honest in your communication and collaborate and cooperate to make the best decisions
Aludyne in Southfield, MI is looking for a Product Engineer to join their team!
The Product Engineer is in charge of project and product engineering development from concept design to production launch. Following APQP methodology to ensure successful and timely program launches, transfers, and engineering changes, which maximize customer satisfaction and optimize internal goals and objectives.
- Drive and approve the design following customer's requirements, company's best practices, Design For Assembly, Design For Manufacturing (casting, machining) and APQP to meet the project milestones
- Understand Analytical Tools: statistics, CAE
- May Perform CAE analysis and direct CAD modifications to optimize the design per the requirements
- Approve and release prints and GD&T (ASME)
- Create and maintain BOM, DFMEA, DVP&R, Engineering Specification Gain Customer approval of DFMEA, DVP&R and Engineering Specificiation
- Initiate and track internal Engineering Change Request and Engineering Change Notice
- Identify special product characteristics
- Serves as the primary and responsible person for the customer technical liaison for several levels of technical customer positions
- Leads design reviews
- Communicate extensively with our global engineering and manufacturing teams (USA/Europe/China/India), program managers, sales team, manufacturing plants and test labs
- Support customer meetings
- Supports and attends trials and launches at customer as needed.
- Obtain approval of engineering designs from the cusomter
- Lead technical interfaces with customers/suppliers engineering teams
- Coordinate material deliveries for validation
- Participate in program timing development from the engineering perspective
- Participate in business development from engineering perspective: supplier technical evaluation, quotation reviews, prepare RFQ packages
- Develops, maintains and executes VA/VE items.
- Track annual savings generated and implemented
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 1-2 years experience
- Product design, development, and manufacturing including GD&T
- Customer & industry product standards for quality and delivery (APQP)
- Product and process specific timing
- Knowledge of casting processes
- PC Applications: Word, Excel , PowerPoint, Outlook
- CAD/CAE Software preferable: Catia/UG, Hyperworks, Abaqus, DesignLife
Aludyne provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.