Southfield, MI - Corporate HQ
Aludyne is a lightweighting solutions and components supplier to the mobility industry.
With a vertically integrated global footprint, deep expertise in both iron and lightweight materials and solutions, and a customer-centric approach to service, we deliver simple solutions to complex mobility problems. We cultivate a collaborative, diverse, and safe environment that enables the solutions our customers need and inspires our employees to achieve excellence. We employ a global team of problem solvers, team players, critical thinkers, and engaged doers.
· Career Advancement: As a growth oriented Company, Aludyne actively supports individual career development through a Performance Management Program, and Education and Training.
- Compensation/Benefits: Aludyne provides competitive wages and benefits to all its employees worldwide.
Safety – the employee needs to work safely and incorporate safety in achieving their goals
Act as One Aludyne – understanding that everyone has goals and they are all equally important and that all employees should work as one unit so everyone is successful
Employee Engagement – work respectfully, ask for feedback from those you are impacting
Commitment to Customers – remember to pride yourself on meeting or exceeding your customers’ expectations and remember that customers can be internal employees or external customers
Transparency – be open and honest in your communication and collaborate and cooperate to make the best decisions
Aludyne is hiring a Technical Director in Southfield, MI!
The Technical Director is responsible for the execution and interpretation of policies and for the successful operation of assigned units. Plan, organize, analyze, ensure all implementation of all Manufacturing, Assembly and Automation processes for the Company to accomplish departmental and corporate goals and objectives at the plant level.
- Establish, implement, and maintain Manufacturing, Assembly, Automation and Error Proofing processes.
- Support process definition
- Ensure all parties are involved with process definition
- Lead approval process
- Validate solution
Document and review Manufacturing Process Design Input Requirements for machining, assembly, and automation, including integration of error proofing methods.
- Provider of departmental expectations for Manufacturing, Automation and Assembly tasks and goals at the corporate level.
- Solves problems and removes roadblocks within and across departments.
- Communicator, Cooperator, and Follow Up facilitator to coordinate and execute tasks.
- Assures documentation of the customer program to the satisfaction of the customer described methodology (IATF 2017 and Customer Specific Requirements).
- Support resolution and actions to correct the causes of customer (internal and external) complaints and scrap .
- Drives and monitors a culture of continuous improvements.
- Recruit and mentor of Technical resources needed to accomplish departmental tasks and goals.
- Background of 10 years in Technical field with Supervisory responsibilities and/or a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with 10+ years in Automotive field required. Advanced degree in applicable field is preferred.
- Must have working knowledge of process engineering, and continuous improvement in manufacturing processes
- Hands on abilities to solve problems at the floor level to resolve issues is required.
- Must have knowledge of basic and advanced problem solving techniques.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with all types of people on all levels.
- Must be a self starter with a high degree of personal pride in workmanship.
- Must be responsive in a controlled calm mannerism.
Aludyne provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.