Automation Robot Technician/Engineer
Southfield, MI - Corporate HQ
Aludyne is a lightweighting solutions and components supplier to the mobility industry.
With a vertically integrated global footprint, deep expertise in both iron and lightweight materials and solutions, and a customer-centric approach to service, we deliver simple solutions to complex mobility problems. We cultivate a collaborative, diverse, and safe environment that enables the solutions our customers need and inspires our employees to achieve excellence. We employ a global team of problem solvers, team players, critical thinkers, and engaged doers.
· Career Advancement: As a growth oriented Company, Aludyne actively supports individual career development through a Performance Management Program, and Education and Training.
- Compensation/Benefits: Aludyne provides competitive wages and benefits to all its employees worldwide.
Safety – the employee needs to work safely and incorporate safety in achieving their goals
Act as One Aludyne – understanding that everyone has goals and they are all equally important and that all employees should work as one unit so everyone is successful
Employee Engagement – work respectfully, ask for feedback from those you are impacting
Commitment to Customers – remember to pride yourself on meeting or exceeding your customers’ expectations and remember that customers can be internal employees or external customers
Transparency – be open and honest in your communication and collaborate and cooperate to make the best decisions
The Automation Robot Technician/Engineer is responsible for the development, enhancements, programming, debugging, troubleshooting and implementation of new robotic systems using 2D and 3D Vision system on Fanuc Robot platform by supporting any existing or new automation and assembly automated systems.
- Engineering, integration, programming and commissioning of automated systems.
- Develop system drawings using AutoCAD to produce engineering and production documentation as required using various Microsoft Office applications.
- Develops PC/PLC logic, servo motion, and HMI displays utilizing applicable software.
- Determines cell layout and develops robot programs.
- Works closely with Production and Project Engineering in the development, application and requisitioning of applicable project requirements and implementation timelines.
- Engineers and programs appropriate safety circuits for automated equipment and cells.
- Updates existing systems as required.
- Required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties upon request of the supervisor
- Complies with the following OSHA Safety Standards: Hazard Communication; Lockout; P.P.E. and Ergonomics
- Complies with the current revision of RIA ANSI/RIA R15.06 Safety requirements for industrial robots and robot systems, NFPA 70 National Electrical Code, NFPA 70E Standard for Electrical Safety Requirements for Employee Workplaces, NFPA/ANSI 79 Electrical Standard for industrial equipment, ANSI/UL 1740 Safety Standard for robots and robotic equipment, Montague Operations Electrical Build Standards, and all other applicable standards governing the installation and safety of automated systems.
- When necessary, participate in classes and training seminars to learn new technologies and techniques deemed helpful to performance on the job.
- Assists the maintenance department with troubleshooting production equipment.
Work is done in a fast paced manufacturing environment with minimum supervision. Routine responsibilities and duties involve the use of various procedures and the application of clearly prescribed standards of practice, requiring the use of good judgment and sound engineering practices. Engineering and implementation must be done precisely and completely.
- Degree or equivalent experience in Electrical Engineering
- Experience in automation systems
- Teach Pendant Programming – Fanuc Robot
- Fanuc Robot 2D and 3D vision
- Robot interface and integration design.
- Fanuc FAPT ladder II and III programming is a plus.
- Industrial Vision Systems and their applications (Keyence, Cognex, GVI)
- PC office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Design of Electrical Panels, Wiring Diagrams and Cables
- PLC Programming – Allen Bradley 5000, Siemens Step 7/TIA Portal
- Network experience – Ethernet, , Profibus, Profinet
Aludyne provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.