Columbus, GA Machining
Aludyne is a lightweighting solutions and components supplier to the mobility industry.
With a vertically integrated global footprint, deep expertise in both iron and lightweight materials and solutions, and a customer-centric approach to service, we deliver simple solutions to complex mobility problems. We cultivate a collaborative, diverse, and safe environment that enables the solutions our customers need and inspires our employees to achieve excellence. We employ a global team of problem solvers, team players, critical thinkers, and engaged doers.
· Career Advancement: As a growth oriented Company, Aludyne actively supports individual career development through a Performance Management Program, and Education and Training.
- Compensation/Benefits: Aludyne provides competitive wages and benefits to all its employees worldwide.
Safety – the employee needs to work safely and incorporate safety in achieving their goals
Act as One Aludyne – understanding that everyone has goals and they are all equally important and that all employees should work as one unit so everyone is successful
Employee Engagement – work respectfully, ask for feedback from those you are impacting
Commitment to Customers – remember to pride yourself on meeting or exceeding your customers’ expectations and remember that customers can be internal employees or external customers
Transparency – be open and honest in your communication and collaborate and cooperate to make the best decisions
The Manufacturing Engineer plans, directs and coordinates manufacturing processes in a machining environment. Develops, evaluates and improves manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, material and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, manufacturing methods and quality control standards.
- Project Manager for new program launches.
- Advance Quality Planning per Aludyne / AIAG guidelines.
- Establish and maintain FMEA, Control Plans and Process Flow.
- Layout equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Confers with vendors and customers to determine product specification and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials and parts.
- Estimate production times, staffing requirements and related costs.
- Confers with management and staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, and production schedules to facilitate production processes.
- Applies statistical methods to analyze manufacturing processes.
- Initiates and participates in Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing projects.
- Required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties upon request of the supervisor.
- Complies with the following OSHA Safety Standards: Hazard Communication; Bloodborne Pathogens; Lockout; Permit Required Confined Space; Hot Work Permit; Powered Industrial Trucks; P.P.E. and Ergonomics.
- When necessary, participate in classes and training seminars to learn new technologies and techniques deemed helpful to performance on the job.
- Ability to effectively deal with vendors/suppliers/customers·
- Basic computer literacy
- Basic math and business writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop project plans and manage projects to successful completion
- Ability to learn new programs, activities and tasks
- Good oral/written communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to facilitate small group meetings
- Strong organizational, planning and documentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, preferred
- Minimum of 4 years of related experience in manufacturing; preferably CNC machining, iron,
- PC applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Minitab, Database) Microsoft Project
- AutoCAD or other drawing software
- Dimensional tolerancing, GD&T
- Lean Manufacturing / Enterprise exposure
- Six Sigma Training (Black Belt or Green Belt certification preferred)
- General business exposure
Aludyne provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.