Aludyne is a lightweighting solutions and components supplier to the mobility industry.
With a vertically integrated global footprint, deep expertise in both iron and lightweight materials and solutions, and a customer-centric approach to service, we deliver simple solutions to complex mobility problems. We cultivate a collaborative, diverse, and safe environment that enables the solutions our customers need and inspires our employees to achieve excellence. We employ a global team of problem solvers, team players, critical thinkers, and engaged doers.
· Career Advancement: As a growth oriented Company, Aludyne actively supports individual career development through a Performance Management Program, and Education and Training.
- Compensation/Benefits: Aludyne provides competitive wages and benefits to all its employees worldwide.
Safety – the employee needs to work safely and incorporate safety in achieving their goals
Act as One Aludyne – understanding that everyone has goals and they are all equally important and that all employees should work as one unit so everyone is successful
Employee Engagement – work respectfully, ask for feedback from those you are impacting
Commitment to Customers – remember to pride yourself on meeting or exceeding your customers’ expectations and remember that customers can be internal employees or external customers
Transparency – be open and honest in your communication and collaborate and cooperate to make the best decisions
Plans, directs and coordinates manufacturing processes in a machining environment. Develops, evaluates and improves manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, material and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, manufacturing methods and quality control standards.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or Technical equivalent
- 3-5 years of operations / engineering experience in related field
- Lean Manufacturing /Six Sigma Training (Black Belt or Green Belt certification preferred but not required)
Skills, Knowledge and Competencies:
- Dimensional tolerancing, GD&T experience
- AutoCAD or other drawing software experience
- Project Manager for new programs; Develop and maintain timelines, monitor program milestones, track and report tooling & capital spending, coordinate launch meetings, maintain minutes, maintain open issues lists, represent Aludyne at customer launch meetings, support customer needs and expectations.
- Responsible for Advance Quality Planning (AQP) processes
- Develop and Optimize processes; develop specific process / parameters to meet customer and Aludyne requirements, document parameters, implement procedures.
- Continuous Improvement; Lead and/or participate cason teams, provide engineering support.
- Problem Solving; Implement quality and productivity improvements using basic and advanced problem solving methodology, document sample plans & results, maintain a current status of programs an identify corrective actions to be taken.
- Interface with tooling engineers; Communicate customer and internal changes through ECR system, work with tooling engineering on product and mold design, design for manufacturability, provide testing and feedback loop.
- Plant Policies and Procedures; Follow all plant policies and procedures, keep Safety in mind and convey the importance of safety to others.
- Cost savings; Evaluate product flow and processes for best use of materials and equipment to achieve best utilization of resources.
- TS16949; Maintain compliance to TS16949 standards during product development and daily manufacturing
- Organizational / Planning
- Analysis / Problem Solving
- Priority setting / Decision making
- Change Leadership
- Passion for Excellence
- Interpersonal / Coaching
- Team Building
- Ability to Influence
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project Manager for new program launches.
- Advance Quality Planning per guidelines.
- Develop and optimize processes to meet customer requirements
- Establish and maintain FMEA and Control Plans
- Layout equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Confers with vendors and customers to determine product specification and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials and parts.
- Estimate production times, staffing requirements and related costs.
- Confers with management and staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, and production schedules to facilitate production processes.
- Applies statistical methods to analyze manufacturing processes.
- Initiates and participates in Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing projects.
- Required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties upon request of the supervisor
- Complies with the following OSHA Safety Standards: Hazard Communication; Bloodborne Pathogens; Lockout; Permit Required Confined Space; Hot Work Permit; Powered Industrial Trucks; P.P.E. and Ergonomics
- When necessary, participate in classes and training seminars to learn new technologies and techniques deemed helpful to performance on the job
- Other duties as assigned
Aludyne provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.