Mental Health Partners offers a diverse, quality work environment, a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Our benefits include a very generous paid time-off policy (paid holidays, paid vacation and paid personal days-off), medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, and percentage match-up retirement contribution. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
MHP application and background check required
If selected as a provider for this clinical service position, you will be required to provide proof of education and transcripts (and proof of licensure, if applicable) and pass all required background checks prior to hire. You will also be required to complete MHP’s credentialing process and attend new hire orientation/training before you will be able to begin work.
Purpose: Provide Early Childhood Mental Health Consultation (ECMHC), a problem-solving and capacity-building intervention implemented within a collaborative relationship between a professional consultant with mental health expertise and one or more caregivers, typically an early care and education provider and/or family member. Early childhood mental health consultation aims to build the capacity (improve the ability) of staff, families, programs, and systems to prevent, identify, treat and reduce the impact of mental health problems among children from birth to age 6 and their families.
Job Summary: Provide program and child specific early childhood mental health consultation and interventions as needed in early care settings. In addition this position will participate in all activities related to the expanded Kid Connects Tiered Services Program which includes ECMHC, Professional Development Trainings, and Warmline supports as needed.
- Guided by Kid Connects model and best clinical practices, provides setting-wide mental health consultation to child care staff, parents and children
- Engages in all Kid ConnectsTiered Services
- Together with teaching staff and families, plans, implements, and monitors interventions for specific children or classrooms
- Maintains a clinical caseload, including assessment and intervention, within agency guidelines
- Regularly consults and communicates with administrators, teachers and family regarding program and children.
- Monitors and tracks the developmental stages of young children and use developmental information to assist in case formulation with teaching staff and families.
- Uses standardized measures to assist in screening and intervention services
- Works collaboratively with clients and other pertinenet community partners (i.e. DSS, psychiatrists) to provide assessment, develop treatment plans and coordinate appropriate care
- Assesses and intervenes in crisis situations to provide appropriate interventions or referrals
- Provides training and workshops for staff and parents multiple times throughout the year
- Collaborates, on a regular basis, with other agencies such as Child Find, Public Health, Social Services, etc.
- Provides a variety of case management services, including facilitating multiple-agency staffings, particpating in collaborations, and developing resources for staff/families
- Documents provision of services, assessments, evaluations and treatment goals consistent with clinical and administrative policies and procedures.
- Provides referrals to MHP and outside agencies as appropriate.
- Participates in team meetings to staff cases and communicate administrative information.
- Engages in reflective supervision opportunities with supervisor and peers
- Attends site meetings as appropriate including parent/teacher conferences and special ed staffings
- Maintains up-to-date clinical records and program & case logs on all services provided
- Complies with requirements of Division of Behavioral Health-Early Childhood Specialist position
- Promotes, supports and demonstrates MHP’s mission, vision and values through both behavior and job performance and adheres to policies, procedures, Compliance Plan and Standards of Conduct on a day to day basis
- Effectively interacts and communicates with other MHP staff/clients/customers/partners/etc.
- Regular and consistent attendance is required to perform other essential functions of the job
- Other Duties as assigned