Mental Health Partners offers a diverse, quality work environment, a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Our benefits include a very generous paid time-off policy (paid holidays, paid vacation and paid personal days-off), medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, and percentage match-up retirement contribution. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
MHP application and background check required
If selected as a provider for this clinical service position, you will be required to provide proof of education and transcripts (and proof of licensure, if applicable) and pass all required background checks prior to hire. You will also be required to complete MHP’s credentialing process and attend new hire orientation/training before you will be able to begin work.
To assist people with mental illnesses, including those in dual recovery, in obtaining optimal functioning and quality of life, by providing clinical services and education.
Develop and carry out a consistent plan of treatment, from intake and assessment to closure.
The Collaborative Child and Family Therapist will be housed in the Broomfield Health and Human Services Child and Family Services Team location. Therapist will primarily provide in home therapy for families, children and their parents/care givers who are involved with child welfare services due to neglect and abuse. Common treatment issues include neglect, abuse, trauma, domestic violence, substance abuse, sexual abuse and mental illness. Therapist services will include assessment, family therapy, individual therapy, group therapy, psycho-education, case management and crisis services. Therapist will provide intensive treatment services and coordinate with the partner agencies to best serve the family to maintain in-home placement or assist in helping a child return home.
- Guided by 27-65 requirements and best clinical practices, provides family therapy, individual and group psychotherapy and teaches psychoeducation
- Documents provision of services, assessments, evaluations and treatment goals and plan consistent with clinical and administrative policies and procedures
- Provides a variety of case management services, attending multi-agency clinical case consultations, and facilitating referrals to other organizations
- Participates in internal consultation and supervision with team members and other professionals in the organization
- Collaborate with clients, other treatment team members, BHHS, doctors, hospitals, medical clinics, housing programs, etc. to provide the best service to the clients
- Provides external consultation and referrals to other organizations
- Maintains contact with clients in distress, including assisting with hospitalization
- Participates in multidisciplinary focus groups, committees, and task forces charged with researching and improving clinical practices and developing or updating programs and business processes
- Provides clinical services required by special programs and projects
- Promotes and demonstrates MHP’s mission, vision and values through both behavior and job performance on a day to day basis
- Effectively interacts and communicates with other MHP staff/clients/customers/partners/etc.
- Regular and consistent attendance is required to perform other essential functions of the job
- Meet productivity expectations
- Other duties as assigned
- Provides primarily home and some clinic based services for children, adolescents and families using evidence based models, crisis intervention skills, parent support/psycho-education and case management
- Works evenings to be available to clients who work or are in school.
- Works as part of a multi-disciplinary team that focuses treatment on improving symptoms of trauma, family relationships, and increasing child/family protective factors
- Works collaboratively with clients, other team members and partners to provide assessment, develop treatment plans and coordinate appropriate care including referrals to other community supports
- Provides updates to agency partners (such as probation, BHHS, schools, courts, etc.) including monthly reports and attending meetings such as Family Engagement Meetings
- Participates in court hearings