Youth Advisor- High School
Mental Health Partners offers a diverse, quality work environment, and a competitive salary.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
MHP application and background check required
Position is Grant funded 1-5 hours a week until June 30, 2020
Purpose: To improve and grow MESA’s Men of Strength Clubs and healthy masculinity programming in Boulder County
The Youth Advisor will assist the Prevention Coordinator to improve and grow Men of Strength Clubs and healthy masculinity programming in Boulder County, with the aim to add at least 1 additional Club by June 2020.
- Assists MESA’s Prevention Coordinator to strategize, recruit, and implement at least 1 new Men of Strength Club
- Supports existing Clubs with the planning and execution of a community strength project in Spring 2020
- Communicates with Men Can Stop Rape to connect local clubs with the national network
- Serves as a positive role model including being respectful of all genders, practicing consent, interrupting harmful behaviors, and being accountable after making mistakes
- Promotes, supports and demonstrates MESA’s and MHP’s mission, vision and values through both behavior and job performance and adheres to policies, procedures, Compliance Plan and Standards of Conduct on a day to day basis
- Meets defined individual and department goals, activity metrics and Key Performance Indicators
- Effectively interacts and communicates with other MHP staff/clients/customers/partners/etc.
- Regular and consistent attendance is required to perform other essential functions of the job
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Requirements
- Student currently enrolled in high school in Boulder County
- Commitment to self-reflection and growth
- Commitment to preventing gender-based violence
- Engaged with groups of male-identified peers such as friend groups, sports teams, fraternity organizations, etc.
- Strong communication skills with students, teachers, administrators, and community members
- Ability to connect with different identity/demographic groups
- Strong social media skills
- Ability to self-reflect and give and receive feedback
- Lived experience with multiple languages, cultures, races, (dis)abilities preferred