Mental Health Partners offers a diverse, quality work environment, a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Our benefits include a very generous paid time-off policy (paid holidays, paid vacation and paid personal days-off), medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, and percentage match-up retirement contribution. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
MHP application and background check required
If selected as a provider for this clinical service position, you will be required to provide proof of education and transcripts (and proof of licensure, if applicable) and pass all required background checks prior to hire. You will also be required to complete MHP’s credentialing process and attend new hire orientation/training before you will be able to begin work.
The Nurse Case Manager facilitates optimum health care for clients in conjunction with and under the license of prescribers (Advanced Practice Nurse, Physician Assistant or Psychiatrist). This position will triage and collaborate with outside healthcare providers and Mental Health Partners (MHP) staff. All services provided will remain true to the MHP Guiding Principles and PSR Service Delivery Guidelines.
To provide skilled health care to clients while addressing, referring and clarifying medical concerns including administration and education regarding medication and a range of health issues.
- Ensures continuity of psychiatric care through provisions of services including discharge and referral
- Triages healthcare situations to determine needed level of intervention in crisis situations
- Verifies and carries out prescriber orders
- Records changes in medications, laboratory tests and prescriber recommendations
- Communicates current psychiatric medication orders, missed medications or other pertinent psychiatric information with clients, prescribers and nursing staff, clinicians, and family members as appropriate
- Administers medications, including injections, and educates clients regarding medications (risks, benefits and side effects and medication compliance)
- Maintains thorough, accurate and timely documentation of the provision of services, assessments, evaluations, and progress toward the completion of clients’s treatment goals consistent with clinical and administrative policies and procedures
- Facilitates the completion of medical tests or re-tests as referred or ordered, including drawing blood, obtaining urine and running basic lab tests on portable lab devices
- Acts as liaison between the prescribers and outside healthcare providers, including transfer of ongoing medical or psychiatric care to PCP’s
- Maintains necessary medical supplies
- Provides nursing support, guidance and direction to clinical staff and volunteers
- Oversees the administration of medications by certified staff and provides training as indicated
- Participates in team meetings
- Participates in client groups
- Meets defined individual and department goals, activity metrics and Key Performance Indicators
- Promotes, supports and demonstrates MHP’s mission, vision and values through both behavior and job performance and adheres to policies, procedures, Compliance Plan and Standards of Conduct on a day to day basis
- Effectively interacts and communicates with other MHP staff/clients/customers/partners/etc.
- Regular and consistent attendance is required to perform other essential functions of the job
- Other duties as assigned
- May conduct wellness related classes for clients and/or staff