Mental Health Partners offers a diverse, quality work environment, a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Our benefits include a very generous paid time-off policy (paid holidays, paid vacation and paid personal days-off), medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, and percentage match-up retirement contribution. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
MHP application and background check required
If selected as a provider for this clinical service position, you will be required to provide proof of education and transcripts (and proof of licensure, if applicable) and pass all required background checks prior to hire. You will also be required to complete MHP’s credentialing process and attend new hire orientation/training before you will be able to begin work.
MHP pays an evening differential from 3:30pm-11:30pm of 10%
and an overnight differential from 11:30pm-7:30am of 20%
Position is PRN
Milieu Counselor provides direct services to newly sober persons in a transitional residential substance abuse treatment, as well as to persons needing mental health stabilization in Respite program. Both, TRT and Respite programs are located in one location and share milieu setting. Milieu Counselor supports and complements client’s recovery and ongoing therapeutic treatment goals, and provides clinical services to Mental Health Partners’ clients and promotes optimal social/emotional/behavioral and community functioning. The Milieu Counselor will be an active participant on multidisciplinary, multi-agency/department treatment teams to assist clients in identifying, securing and sustaining necessary resources to aid in their recovery.
- Will work with up to 16 adults with severe substance abuse and acutely mentally ill adults in a residential facility setting
- Milieu management, experience with SPMI and SUD
- Monitors client safety and documentation of observations
- Assists clients in crisis situations to provide appropriate interventions or referrals
- Monitors medications consistent with state certification
- Facilitates BAL and UTox screening, as needed.
- Assists clients in skill building and resource development in order to successfully live as independently as possible
- Works collaboratively with clients and other pertinent staff to coordinate appropriate care
- Maintains up-to-date clinical records on assigned clients
- Completes documentation of services, consistent with clinical and administrative policies and procedures
- Facilitates groups as needed
- Provides education on daily living skills and encourages client's use of those skills
- Intervenes in situations to promote health and recovery
- Provides support in the management of the milieu and the work environment, including monitoring clients’ safety and properly documenting observations.
- Participates in team meetings to staff cases and communicates administrative information
- Promotes and demonstrates MHP’s mission, vision and values through both behavior and job performance on a day to day basis
- Effectively interacts and communicates with other MHP staff/clients/customers/partners/etc.
- Regular and consistent attendance is required to perform other essential functions of the job
- Attend Team and Supervision Meetings and trainings
- Some cooking and housekeeping are required
- Other duties as assigned