Mental Health Partners offers a diverse, quality work environment, a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Our benefits include a very generous paid time-off policy (paid holidays, paid vacation and paid personal days-off), medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, and percentage match-up retirement contribution. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
MHP application and background check required
If selected as a provider for this clinical service position, you will be required to provide proof of education and transcripts (and proof of licensure, if applicable) and pass all required background checks prior to hire. You will also be required to complete MHP’s credentialing process and attend new hire orientation/training before you will be able to begin work.
MHP pays an evening differential from 3:30pm-11:30pm of 10%
and an overnight differential from 11:30pm-7:30am of 20%
Hours for this position are: Sunday-Wednesday 10:00pm-8:00am
To respond to psychiatric crisis of community members, including adults, children, families, friends of families, and others experiencing mental health and substance abuse related crises occurring in Boulder and Broomfield Counties.
Intervene in mental health crisis or emergency situations and arrive at an appropriate disposition to maintain mental health care in the least restrictive and appropriate setting. Use evidence-based approach to evaluate people and facilitate the suitable disposition, coordinating with family, friends, interested individuals and agencies whenever available.
Intervention & Evaluation
· Provides telephone and short-term face-to-face interventions to help stabilize people in crisis and prevent hospitalization when possible
· Provides mobile response to a variety of community settings as required, including agencies, shelters, upon law enforcement request, homes, etc.
· Provides walk-in interventions for clients, self-referred and transported by law enforcement as part of a 24/7 crisis team
· Provides support and triage for clients and the community at large
· Conducts mental status evaluations to determine if people in distress meet the criteria for involuntary treatment
· Performs timely intakes and thorough assessments of client needs holistically to resolve the immediate crisis and enhance follow up for further stabilization
· Addresses trauma as reported by the client and ensures that adequate time is spent with each client to ensure the accuracy of assessments
· Works efficiently and is able to structure and organize the time spent with clients
· Creates working diagnosis using DSM-V
· Verifies insurance for those in need of services
· Meets defined individual and department goals, activity metrics and Key Performance Indicators
· Promotes, supports and demonstrates MHP’s mission, vision and values through both behavior and job performance and adheres to policies, procedures, Compliance Plan and Standards of Conduct on a day to day basis
· Effectively interacts and communicates with other MHP staff/clients/customers/partners/etc.
· Regular and consistent attendance is required to perform other essential functions of the job
· Other duties as assigned
Disposition & Referral
- Creates appropriate dispositions in consultation with on-call psychiatrist and supervisor as needed
- Coordinates hospital and Crisis Stabilization Unit admission process, when necessary, utilizing available resources, including updating and transferring legal documentation as required
- Facilitates referrals to appropriate organizations as needed
- Communicates and collaborates with multiple collateral agencies, schools, hospitals, family and friends of the client
- Represents Community Crisis Services (CCS) to other agencies and the public with appropriate professionalism
- Documents all phone and face-to face contacts according to CCS and MHP policy
- Supplies charting documentation consistent with clinical and administrative policies and procedures related to the provision of services
Workflow Management and Crisis/CIS Training
- Organizes shift workflow by triaging requests for emergency services based on presumed severity of the situation
- Trains and supervises interns in emergency and crisis policies and procedures