Mental Health Partners offers a diverse, quality work environment, a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Our benefits include a very generous paid time-off policy (paid holidays, paid vacation and paid personal days-off), medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, and percentage match-up retirement contribution. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
MHP application and background check required
If selected as a provider for this clinical service position, you will be required to provide proof of education and transcripts (and proof of licensure, if applicable) and pass all required background checks prior to hire. You will also be required to complete MHP’s credentialing process and attend new hire orientation/training before you will be able to begin work.
Position will work remotely from home until business resumes back in the office
The Behavioral Health Professional provides quality assessments of health home clients care needs and facilitates timely access to care as well as oversees ongoing evaluation of behavioral health needs to clients enrolled in a health home panel.
This position provides quality comprehensive assessments to clients accessing care and oversees care plans of clients in the panel.
Roughly 80% of time is spent on Behavioral Health Professional duties, 10% on Care Coordination duties and 10% on Client Service Advising duties. Please refer to those job descriptions for detailed duty descriptions.
- Facilitates a culture of providing timely care, superior customer service, genuine compassion and a clear desire to meet the behavioral health needs of each individual
- Conducts initial comprehensive assessment of new and returning clients to the health home, using agency identified assessment tools and baseline measures-PHQ9, SBRT, DLA-20, LOCUS, PHQ-9/QOL, CCAR, Admission DACODS, LOCUS for example
- Completes initial care plan and provides oversight of care plan updates
- Maintains clinical oversight of clients assigned to BHH and will sign off on documentation from other team members as needed
- Signs off on care plans as needed to ensure quality of care and medical necessity
- Triages crisis situations when there is a need and when not conducting an assessment
- Identifies high risk or urgent clients at assessment and provides triage to getting clients in quickly for services
- Assesses any needs for special reports/letters/applications-those that require an assessment (i.e. conditional release clients, establishing disability, housing, etc.) For those that do not require assessment, delegate any special reports, letters or applications to Client Service Advisors
- Identify any barriers to treatment during assessments and activate health home team members to work to reduce barriers
- Review care plans and treatment progress with Care Coordinator and identify any next steps or follow-up needed
- Assist Care Coordinators in monitoring participation and progress in episode(s) of specialty care and provide direction on actions
- Re-assess needs at appropriate intervals of care, make recommendations when client is not participating or not progressing, or has a change in level of care need
- Complete assessment update when persons are not assigned to an episode of specialty care
- Track and complete necessary baseline and re-assessment measures as required by the comprehensive assessment and assessment update protocols
- Assist psychiatric and specialty care providers in assessment and/or treatment referral recommendations
- Provide coordination of care activities when necessary
- May assist with some case management activities when emergent
- Provides orientation to MHP and initial goal setting with clients emphasizing access not only to treatment but also to social determinants of health such as employment, education, housing, health and wellness
- Maintains thorough, accurate and timely documentation of the provision of services, assessments, evaluations, and progress toward the completion of client's treatment goals consistent with clinical and administrative policies and procedures
- Meets defined individual and department goals, activity metrics and Key Performance Indicators
- Promotes, supports, and demonstrates MHP's mission, vision, and values through both behavior and job performance and adheres to policies, procedures, Compliance Plan and Standards of Conduct on a day to day basis
- Effectively interacts and communicates with other MHP staff/clients/customers/partners/etc.
- Regular and consistent attendance is required to perform other essential functions of the job
- Other duties as assigned