Mental Health Partners offers a diverse, quality work environment, a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Our benefits include a very generous paid time-off policy (paid holidays, paid vacation and paid personal days-off), medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, and percentage match-up retirement contribution. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
MHP application and background check required
If selected as a provider for this clinical service position, you will be required to provide proof of education and transcripts (and proof of licensure, if applicable) and pass all required background checks prior to hire. You will also be required to complete MHP’s credentialing process and attend new hire orientation/training before you will be able to begin work.
MHP follows CDC and Public Health guidelines for COVID safety.
MHP pays an evening differential from 3:30pm-11:30pm of 10%
and an overnight differential from 11:30pm-7:30am of 20%
The Acute Services Case Manager provides the coordination of a client’s care needs and plan in collaboration and continuous partnership with clients and their family/caregiver(s), any specialty providers and staff, and community resources in a team approach. The case manager supports the Acute Care Services workflow in a collaborative team environment. This position works on the addiction recovery team with clients who are struggling with substance use disorders and/or co-occurring disorders who have complex needs.
The Acute Services Case Manager is largely responsible for managing the documentation and case management pieces related to each client’s care. Acute services is inclusive of intensive substance use as well as mental health disorders that are co-occurring. This includes medication addiction treatment, individual therapy, group therapy, and crisis services. The case manager is largely responsible for constructing, completing, and coordinating the care plan with the client and the treatment team. The case manager also serves as the contact point, advocate, and informational resource for clients, treatment team, family/caregiver(s), and community resources. The case manager is responsible for preparing and completing client forms, entering forms and disclosures into the EHR, and assistance with client follow-up and coordination of care.
- Welcomes clients to the Crisis and Addiction Services, identify case manager role to clients and provide a brief orientation for the facility and relevant policies
- Completes required administrative EHR entries as related to client’s entire episode of care, including completing screening and assement forms with clients
- Assists with care coordination and intensive case management to meet the client’s needs
- Assists colleagues with follow-up as needed and works collaboratively with the team to manage the client’s episode of care
- Provides consistent client support including managing relapse and crisis intervention as needed
- Completes documentation of services consistent with clinical and administrative policie and procedures
- Meets defined individual and department goals, activity metrics and Key Performance Indicators
- Promotes, supports and demonstrates MHP’s mission, vision and values through both behavior and job performance and adheres to policies, procedures, MHP’s Compliance Plan and Standards of Conduct on a day to day basis
- Effectively interacts and communicates with other MHP staff/clients/customers/partners/etc.
- Effective collaboration with partners and outside agencies
- Regular and consistent attendance is required to perform other essential functions of the job
- Engages extended stay Detox clients in treatment resources through field trips to outside providers
- Collaborates with withdrawal management and crisis staff on an on-going basis
- Provides outreach by placing reminder calls to clients for scheduled MHP appointments
- Assists with coordination of IC’s, level of care assessments, inpatient admissions, care coordination through various levels of care
- Other duties as assigned