We’re on a mission to cultivate a connected world through shared experiences and are looking for like-minded people to join us in delivering necessary, innovative and convenient technologies and services to the outdoor recreation industry at large. As a member of the Aspira team, you’ll be joining us in supporting convenient access to North America’s most treasured public and private lands, as well as the memorable moments they create.
AspiraTM provides connected experiences for the outdoor recreation industry. Our comprehensive suite of reservation and licensing technology and service solutions support federal, state, provincial, and local government park, campground, and conservation agencies, conveniently connecting them with outdoor adventure seekers from around the world. Aspira is headquartered in Dallas, TX with eight offices worldwide. For more information, please visit AspiraConnect.com.
We are currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our team! Our products are enterprise and complex – so if you like to innovate, build, solve, and work with amazingly talented teams, then we want to hear from you.
- As an AWS developer you will be responsible for setting up, maintaining, and evolving the cloud infrastructure of web applications. You are expected to understand the core AWS services and apply best practices regarding security and scalability.
- Develop and design in a multi-tiered distributed software system
- Provide software solutions for technical and business requirements and code the implementation
- Perform code changes to enhance a product, add new features, to resolve programming errors and develop new products as assigned
- Complete development tasks in a timely manner based on project plans
- Effectively communicate with different functional teams and stakeholders about the progress and changes
- Regularly perform and submit code reviews and help improve code quality
- Provide accurate time logging and tracking of your tasks
- Define, document, and keep yourself up to date with the best practices and strategies regarding application development, deployment, and infrastructure maintenance.
- 5+ years of solid application development experience with the core AWS services
- Working experience in building microservices in a cloud environment (AWS preferred)
- 5+ years of solid experience in database design, development, and performance analysis (preferably in both RDBMS and NoSQL)
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes. Having used ECS, EKS in the past is a plus.
- Solid experience with building or maintaining cloud-native applications.
- Strong notions of security best practices in coding and using IAM roles
- Ability to build unit tests, and experience in regression, performance testing analysis combined with solid troubleshooting skills
- Agile, Scrum software development experience and hands on using JIRA, GIT versioning
- Linux/Unix environment hands on working experience
- Perform effectively in a multitasking and high-pressure environment with aggressive timelines
- Strong professional attitude together combined with a drive to get things done
- Respectful and flexible to changes
AspiraTM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.