We’re on a mission to cultivate a connected world through shared experiences and are looking for like-minded people to join us in delivering necessary, innovative and convenient technologies and services to the outdoor recreation industry at large. As a member of the Aspira team, you’ll be joining us in supporting convenient access to North America’s most treasured public and private lands, as well as the memorable moments they create.
AspiraTM provides connected experiences for the outdoor recreation industry. Our comprehensive suite of reservation and licensing technology and service solutions support federal, state, provincial, and local government park, campground, and conservation agencies, conveniently connecting them with outdoor adventure seekers from around the world. Aspira is headquartered in Dallas, TX with eight offices worldwide. For more information, please visit AspiraConnect.com.
Aspira is currently seeking to add a Billing Manager onto our team! The Billing Manager shall be responsible overseeing the accounting for: AR, Billing, Deferred Revenue, Revenue and Cost of Sales. The position will also lead and mentor a team of professionals located in our Frostburg Maryland office and partner with our accounting team in China.
Responsibilities Include but not Limited to:
- Manage and drive the orders to cash process by ensuring completeness and accuracy of flow from quote, to order, to invoice, to revenue recognition at a detailed and aggregated level.
- Identify and drive quote to cash optimization initiatives.
- Manage the relationship between Revenue Operations, General Ledger Accounting, and FP&A.
- Review and approve client credit and refund requests in accordance with the approval matrix.
- Review and approve invoicing for accuracy and consistency with contractual terms and conditions prior to submission to clients.
- Maintain accounting policy memoranda factoring in updates to guidance or changes to business processes.
- Manage process improvements and other special projects as assigned.
- Possess superior problem solving, analytical, multi-tasking, and organizational skills.
· Strong information systems/ERP systems experience with superior Excel skills.
· Detail-oriented with both the curiosity and discipline to dive into the details to solve problems, identify opportunities for improvement, propose alternative solutions, and meet operational objectives.
- Understanding of ASC 606 and an ability to review and interpret contracts for revenue recognition; particularly, SaaS/multiple-element arrangements.
- Requires an undergraduate degree in Accounting.
- 4+ years experience working in an Accounting/Billing Operations environment.
- 2+ years demonstrated experience managing a high volume billing team.
- Experience interpreting customer contracts.
Aspira is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.