We’re on a mission to cultivate a connected world through shared experiences and are looking for like-minded people to join us in delivering necessary, innovative and convenient technologies and services to the outdoor recreation industry at large. As a member of the Aspira team, you’ll be joining us in supporting convenient access to North America’s most treasured public and private lands, as well as the memorable moments they create.
AspiraTM provides connected experiences for the outdoor recreation industry. Our comprehensive suite of reservation and licensing technology and service solutions support federal, state, provincial, and local government park, campground, and conservation agencies, conveniently connecting them with outdoor adventure seekers from around the world. Aspira is headquartered in Dallas, TX with eight offices worldwide. For more information, please visit AspiraConnect.com.
Aspira is currently seeking to add a Corporate Accountant onto our team! This role shall be responsible for supporting a wide variety of finance projects and responsibilities, including contributing to the financial and month-end close process; assisting in the preparation and review of the Company's financial statements; and preparing various internal financial and executive-level reports.
- Accounting for the accruals and prepayments of company-wide expenses by recording monthly journal entries, reconciling the related balances, and partnering across various cost centers to ensure that balances are represented in accordance with US GAAP. This includes routine month-over-month analyses to identify trends and inconsistencies.
- Monthly analyses of AP and AR aging balances, month-over-month expense analyses, and quarterly FLUX analyses to help identify misstatements, understand and explain key balances, and assist in budgeting/forecasting.
- Adhere to and accomplish monthly/quarterly deadlines and close-activities (e.g., journal entries, reconciliations, analyses) in order to provide materially accurate financial data to our stakeholders.
- Support year-end audit activities including the preparation of financial statement footnotes.
- Conduct and document research of non-routine accounting transactions to conclude on the appropriate application of U.S. GAAP.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or in a related specialization.
- Three or more years of experience in a general ledger accounting role.
- Strong information systems/ERP system experience with superior Excel skills.
- Resourceful and analytical by nature with a solid understanding of accounting for accrued liabilities, prepaid expenses, intercompany transactions, and other areas as needed.
- Detail-oriented with both the curiosity and discipline to dive into the details to solve problems.
- Ability to work effectively with others and autonomously, stay organized, and continuously improve.
Aspira is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.