Principal Software Engineer
We are the most trusted provider of data collection and management, marketing program management, and analytical solutions for our Crop and Animal Health industry clients. With data services at the core—surrounded by an extensible array of streamlined software solutions—our unified platform represents over three decades of innovation and expertise in the agriculture, crop protection, specialty chemical and animal health industries.
Backed by an entrepreneurial, creative and energetic work force, teammates at AGDATA are pushing the boundaries of technology to enhance our relationships with our clients. We are a growing team, focused on adding creative, knowledgeable individuals who are ready to jump right in and make an immediate impact.
AGDATA is a data and analytics company focused on the creation of a cloud-based data platform that leverages machine learning to deliver unique insights through business intelligence and analytics. We leverage the latest technology to solve complex problems for our customers.
To solve these problems, we need the best and brightest. We’ve created an environment and culture at AGDATA that fosters innovation and excellence. We’d love to for you to be part of it!
You will have the opportunity to excel in the following areas:
- Design and coding: Strong design and problem solving skills with a mastery of design patterns and services architecture
- Focused: Spend a minimum of 50% of your time writing high-quality code
- Technology: Expertise as a full stack developer, leveraging a variety of technologies
- Adaptable: You leverage your experiences to learn new technologies quickly
- Craftsmanship: You have a passion for building software, you care about the user experience and providing a quality product to customers. You practice your craft outside the office to stay abreast of new technologies and architectures
- Entire SDLC: You are engaged in all phases of the software development life cycle including design, implementation, and unit testing
- Customer focus: You see the product through the eyes of our customers. You think through how they’re going to utilize our software and seek to optimize that experience for them
- Collaboration: You collaborate with all teams across AGDATA
- Future direction: You are providing guidance on various technology options to engineering leadership and your peers
- Teaching: You are a mentor and leader for junior software engineers
- Quality focused: You understand the importance of quality and have maintained automated test suites using CI/CD tools
Our Ideal Candidate will have:
- 7+ years of development in C# and .NET in a production environment for enterprise level applications
- 3+ years of development experience implementing a micro-service architecture
- Experience using RDBMS Technologies (SQL Server or Oracle)
- Experience in Azure ServiceFabric
- Experience with message queueing technologies (specifically Azure ServiceBus) and ETL tools
- Experience with Cloud PaaS and their underlying services (particularly for data storage)
- Experience with services architectures including REST
- Experience with Typescript, Angular, LESS, HTML 5 web technologies
- Familiarity with Apache technologies (Ex. Kafka, Impala, elasticsearch, Storm, Cassandra, Drill)
- Familiarity working in an agile (SCRUM) environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, advanced degree preferred.
We seek out and reward people who are adaptable, accountable, collaborative and curious. We want our teammates to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success and who are looking to GROW!