Sr. Software Engineer
Remote, US/Canada Based
We are the most trusted provider of data collection and management, marketing program management, and analytical solutions for our Crop and Animal Health industry clients. With data services at the core—surrounded by an extensible array of streamlined software solutions—our unified platform represents over three decades of innovation and expertise in the agriculture, crop protection, specialty chemical and animal health industries.
Backed by an entrepreneurial, creative and energetic work force, teammates at AGDATA are pushing the boundaries of technology to enhance our relationships with our clients. We are a growing team, focused on adding creative, knowledgeable individuals who are ready to jump right in and make an immediate impact.
If you are looking for an opportunity to solve deep technical problems, build innovative solutions, and work with top-notch software developers in the Charlotte area, AGDATA might have the role for you. You must be able to look at the big picture from both business and technology perspective, possess strong analytical, design, and problem-solving skills, and enjoy working with data, algorithms, and gamers. You are not afraid of ambiguity, dealing with nebulous requirements, and get excited about difficult challenges.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Create REST based API for data driven solutions
- Develop unit test cases for test driven development
- Work with Product Owner to understand requirements and help design solutions
- Work in an agile environment
- Work in CI/CD environment using Azure DevOps
- Document design and code development for modules using Confluence
- Help mentor junior resources to implement industry best practices
Our Ideal Candidate will have:
- Strong software product development/engineering
- Strong full stack developer and good/strong knowledge of frameworks
- 4+ years of C#, .NET/.NET Core, ASP.NET/ASP.NET Core
- 4+ years of experience with databases preferably SQL Server and T-SQL
- C# development with multi-threading principles, good knowledge of .Net data structure and objects.
- Experience with working with/ troubleshooting large volume SQL Server databases
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with architecting solutions by adhering to product requirements and architectural/coding standards
- Experience mentoring junior developers
- Experience with REST (XML, JSON), SOAP Web Services development using ASP.NET, Web API
- Experience and belief in CI/CD/DevOps
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and prioritize time as per the need
- Effective communication and collaboration and problem-solving kills
We seek out and reward people who are adaptable, accountable, collaborative and curious. We want our teammates to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success and who are looking to GROW!
AGDATA is proud to offer equal employment opportunities.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know.