Work Location: Charlotte, NC (Flexible remote/onsite schedule)
For over 30 years AGDATA has been a leader in the agricultural industry consistently pushing the boundaries of technology. Utilizing our extensive experience, we are able to provide clients with data and marketing solutions to improve supply chain visibility, optimize marketing investment and increase sales. Today, we are transforming the way we do business to bring more value to more efficiently support our clients. We have a start-up like environment - we are always growing and innovating—but unlike a startup, we have a solid 30-year history and strong financial backing.
AGDATA is seeking Contracts Counsel to join our Legal team. This newly created position will be responsible for providing critical legal support to our sales organization. While this role will be -contracts-focused, there are opportunities for the right candidate to assist with other legal and business matters across AGDATA.
· Draft, negotiate, review and provide business-oriented legal advice on customer contracts including, statements of work, amendments, change orders and other supporting documents
- Translate legal issues into relevant business risks and provide practical, solutions-oriented advice that balances legal risks with business needs
- Proactively work with internal stakeholders to improve and scale all aspects of the contracting process, including improving templates and workflow
- Track and manage contracts and insert relevant data in our contracts database
- Remain current on applicable laws and regulations surrounding IP, data privacy and commercial contracting
· 1-3 years of relevant experience within a law firm or in-house legal department. Experience must include drafting, reviewing and redlining commercial contracts
- Law degree from an accredited U.S. law school and license to practice law in the U.S
· Experience working successfully within a matrix organization, effectively communicating cross-functionally and at various levels of an organization
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to advocate for a position while maintaining a collaborative and open-minded approach
- Flexible and eager to work hard in fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines (especially at quarter end)
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel)
Who we are:
We seek out and reward people who are adaptable, accountable, collaborative and curious. We want our teammates to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success who are looking to GROW!
AGDATA is the most trusted provider of data collection, data management, marketing program management, and analytical solutions for North American customers in the Crop and Animal Health industries. With data services at the core—surrounded by an extensible array of streamlined software solutions—our unified platform represents over three decades of innovation and expertise in the agriculture, crop protection, specialty chemical and animal health industries.
Backed by an entrepreneurial, creative and energetic work force, associates at AGDATA drive value for our customers with innovative solutions that enable the success of their strategic initiatives. We are a growing team, focused on adding creative, knowledgeable individuals who are ready to jump right in and make an immediate impact.
AGDATA is defining the future for data and analytics in agriculture, be part of it!