This position will be responsible for the sanitation of entire plant in a safe, sanitary, efficient, and respectable manner within the Good Manufacturing Practices guidelines and government standards.
The position requires that an employee be capable of the following:
• Works safely in an industrial environment
• Operates and changes over equipment
• Operates powered cleaning equipment that may include scissors lifts, power washers, foam applicators, steamers, automatic compactors, and various non-mechanized equipment.
• Performs plant cleaning as prescribed by the Master Sanitation Schedule. Maintains general housekeeping in all areas of plant.
• Must be able to read MSDS/SDS information and use chemical cleaning agents in a manner consistent with the manufacturer's recommendations
• Participates in training opportunities.
• Safely use and dispose of cleaning agents and chemicals.
• Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
• Must work closely with others in a team atmosphere.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds independently (on an occasional basis).
• Must be able to stand, walk, climb, reach, lift, pull, push, stoop, squat, bend, and stretch as needed throughout the assigned shift.
• Must be able to read, write, and understand instructions, warnings, labels, and postings in English effectively
• Must have intermediate computer skills
In addition to specific hands-on machine operation and/or area training, employees in this position will be required to successfully complete training including, but not limited to, the following programs:
• OSHA required safety training
• Food Safety Training • GMP Training
• Other training as determined by the business